ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greased lightening - showroom shine

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Watching the telesales channels (they're brilliant for background/white noise).

they've got this product on, they're spraying paint and chucking road tar on the paint... Spraying this showroom shine on which dissolves the paint and tar, then rubbing it off.

it leaves the cars paint looking very clean and glossy but...

I can't help but wonder, how much damage are they doing to their paint with this stuff?

they say it doesn't cut and isn't abrasive... But then sell it as a polish

hmmm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QQYTLC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Some of the background noise products are actually quite good, I'm sure you've heard the phrase 'clean - with the power of steam' about 100 times in under 5 minutes. I got one and it's very good.

This on the other hand, I bet it's s**t.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
I have a family member that uses this all the time....
Dragging dirt over your car is never good.

But saying that the car always looks clean...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Only on weekends Dave haha

Its just full of fillers, oil and gloss that it hides the swirls it's inflicting on the paint, once it washes off however you're left with incredibly fucked paint.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd never pay what they're advertising it for.

do you reckon these people actually believe in the products they sell or are just really good at speaking s**t. I've noticed he's looping a script every 5-10 mins.

he cocked up too saying he's putting tar on some paint and accidentally called it wax haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think the salesmen believe what they're saying is true to an extent, the people behind the product know exactly what it does and doesn't do.

Think about it, the more swirls the car gets the more the owner will use this product thinking it gets rid of them.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think the salesmen believe what they're saying is true to an extent, the people behind the product know exactly what it does and doesn't do.

Think about it, the more swirls the car gets the more the owner will use this product thinking it gets rid of them.

i suppose. I wouldn't expect them to know what's causing them, or even know what they are at all... My gf used to think they 'were just how light looks reflected off paint'

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a box of 3 of this stuff. Used it once on an old rover I had just to flog it on, worked well. Wasn't interested in the damage it had done tbh.

the fact it goes nowhere near any of my ars now should give you a clue as to how much I trust it though ;)

Bloke/puff at my work uses it on his gold rover 25.

Looks nice clean and shiny, but in the last 18 months since using it his car has rust coming from everywhere (maybe because its a rover)???

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Its just full of fillers, oil and gloss that it hides the swirls it's inflicting on the paint, once it washes off however you're left with incredibly f**ked paint.

This ^

A friend was using it on his black car after I gave it a quick protection wash, and when I presumed the LSO should have finished he claimed it was still beading and glossy. He used greased lightning every wash.

I put the hose on it and it did bead. Put the pressure washer over it and all water behaviour died, and after the paint looked grey, tar stuck all over it. After a full decon and protection again I made him throw it away and gave him some of my lather and finale to maintain it. Looks much better now