ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green gearstick symbol

clio 197
Hi Guys , looking for some info on the green gearshift symbol , done some searching but couldn't find much on it ,Mine is on all the time , I know some people say its a shift light /overrev light etc , does anyone know what it gets its information parameters from ? checked oil level on box and that's all good ,checked earths etc, it just doesn't go off ,any info most welcome cheers .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You sure it's not the green cruise control symbol?
Get a pic up of the dash with the light on for clarification.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Also just found this post, Mick isn't often wrong. Gearbox earth is worth checking.

clio 197
Also just found this post, Mick isn't often wrong. Gearbox earth is worth checking.
Ok mate ,will recheck the earth on box ,it was replaced last yr ,box I mean .

Clio 172
Bit late to the party but about 5 months ago got my clutch done from a pretty poor mechanic, wouldn't rev over 4.5k and whenever it went there the green gearbox logo would turn on until it revved back down to idle, did this for about 80km and on the freeway it died! Turns out they didn't put the gearbox earth on, it was just sitting on top of the gearbox! So probably worth checking the earth, lucky it didn't fall off 20km prior as I was going over the Westgate bridge in Melbourne, Australia during peak hour!

Clio 182
Ok mate ,will recheck the earth on box ,it was replaced last yr ,box I mean .

Hi mate.

Out of interest, did you manage to solve the light being on all the time? Mine is on permanently, but only just bought the car so not sure how long it's been like that or what might have been done to cause it to come on.

Cheers
Matt

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate.

Out of interest, did you manage to solve the light being on all the time? Mine is on permanently, but only just bought the car so not sure how long it's been like that or what might have been done to cause it to come on.

Cheers
Matt
Have you checked the earth on the gearbox by any chance?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate.

Cheers
Matt
ive heard this can be caused by the earth on the gearbox, worth a check...

Clio 182
Have you checked the earth on the gearbox by any chance?
ive heard this can be caused by the earth on the gearbox, worth a check...

Yep... Reterminated that when I was trying to trace an intermittent non start when I nought it, Which actually turned out to be corroded terminals in the ECU plug.

The gearbox was rebuilt before I bought it though, and I think the casing has been painted. I guess there's a small chance that there's some paint on the face of the box where the bolt goes in for the earth. Felt clean by hand, but obviously couldn't see it.

Will have another check, but I'm pretty sure it's good.

Cheers.