ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings from Colombia

Hi everyone, i;m from Medellín, Colombia.

I've been reading for a while now, just following some projects and learning stuff, and look forward to take some of your knowledge and experience with the Clio and cars in general. There's really a lot to see and take note from, i have a 2006 Clio Expression, it's an mk2 ph2 1.4.

As you may know, or maybe not... we have in Colombia, in Medellín, my city, the assembly factory for Renault for most latinamerican market, and yet so, we have old models sold as the newest thing ^^, the Clio mk2 is still being sold as the 1.2 Campus (released after taking out the 1.6 almost a year ago, just to fill the gap left by the end of the Twingo 1, that was built until 2012 here), which actually saw the light just this year, prior that was the 1.6 since 2007, and the 1.4 mk2 since 2002 or so, the mk2 ph1 was here from 2000 - 2002, and prior that the mk1. You all have so many fancy sports :p, well, we just saw a few of those in 2004 and are very rare, just the ph2 the phase 1 never arrived, but the mk1 RSi did. There's never been a 3-door beside the '04 sport nor the van, all of the Clios sold here are 5 doors, there;s also the Symbol, the sedan version.
With the factory here and that, it's still hard to get some good aftermarket for Renault over here, and the parts are not actually cheap, neither the cars, what impressed me most, was to find some of you buying cheap sports and almostfornothing non sports with very good mileage and looks, and buying spare parts and replacing with sport parts and stuff very easy, you wouldn't believe what this Clio cost me ^^ , about 4.500 british pounds lol, and that was cheap because it was from a cousin after i got my Twingo totalled.

After that little introduction of the situation here, i would like to present my Clio, i'll do it later this week in the project section if that's ok, it's still very raw but i hope it comes up pretty well.

Thanks for taking a moment, and for sharing all your projects as well. I look forward to find the time and be more active over here. Cya.