ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grinding noise

ive had the car for less than a week and im gonna have to spend money on it already. its a 172 by the way. the prob is when i go round coners, doesnt have to be fast i get a slight grinding noise. you can feel it more than hearing it. i fact you cant hear it at all really. some times it happens on straights aswell. i no wheel bearings tend to go on these but its only got 24k on a 53 plate, surely i shouldnt be having grief with it already. can any1 help me diagnose this problem as i dont want it to get worse and coast me more money than it should.

thanks in advance
andy

182&5gtt
From brief description i would go down drive shafts route or replace cv joint (dont quote me on this i have not done these particular cv joints personally someone could clarify, replace outer joint and service inner- unless it is drastically obvious-dry boot etc) or how much does a whole recon shaft come in at?
hopefully it originates from one side more noticably or on particular steering lock direction?
tend to have found wheel bearings an annoying whirrr noise there all the bloody time!

good luck mate be good to hear what it is when u sort it.:)

i'm doing the pads today as i no they've had it. it knocks slightly on full lock right so i assume thats cv joint.
i dont no much about cars so can some1 explain wot the cv joint is. is it part of the drive shaft or sumin.
thanks for all the help so far

for got to ad the steering feels quite heavy. is this normal with the 172. its especially tough on full lock