ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

group n

Group n maps are just maps which have differetn maps to deal with group N racing cars which means that the engine has to remain standard excpet for intake and an exhaust. Its not an optimum maps for your car and the mods just an off the shelf for the Clio they originally made the map for.

edde said:
Group n maps are just maps which have differetn maps to deal with group N racing cars which means that the engine has to remain standard excpet for intake and an exhaust. Its not an optimum maps for your car and the mods just an off the shelf for the Clio they originally made the map for.

what edde's trying to say is you're better off getting a custom map done for your actual car and mods.

;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Try www.rstuning.co.uk.
Mid-way between Group N and a full custom. Paul (pmurray on here) can load a map to your car via the OBDII port which is tailored to your car and it's mods.
My 172 was his first and it returned 178 bhp with again of around 5 bhp on standard and 14lb/ft torque.

VaVa
One thing I will say is, ALL of the quick 172's run the Group N ECU/Rsport..... so don't write it off - It's an excellent vale for money mod.

You get a replacement ECU for around £250 - Which you could sell when you get rid of you car to recoup some money.

Hillpower sell them. I had one on mine and it was without doubt the best single mod on my car (I have ITG Maxogen, Ported Inlet manifold, Uprated fuel pressure regulator and a 2.5" bore cat back exhaust).

The only downside for me (and the reason I had it taken off) was that it didn't control the cruise on late 172's like mine. ....

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
MRBILLYUK said:
Here for your grp n ecu .

www.fastchip.nl

Edit - Forget fastchip , lol . Sorry Len , hadn't read that post . Not good :(

Fastchip is oke! I think you have contact with Henk from Veban rijswijk.( often in a very bad mood!!!)
I Have had a Group N ecu from fastchip and was very good. group n + orbisoud + green panel filter.It was really a bomb:evil:

Grtz Alexandros from Holland.