ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRRRR hate DVLA and my old insurance! any know about number plates?

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
Well i brought a private plate when i was 18 owned it for just under 3years. i have it on my astra then transferred it to my mini cooper, but because ei had an accident in the mini classed as a write off got pretty much a packet of crisps for it even though top spec red leathers etc.went to transfer it to my new clio, and apparently i don't own it any more its in "motor trade" ? so a lot of confusion on the phone. does that mean insurance have put my car back on the road and its been sold with it on or has it been scrapped with it? i can't get my hands on it so really really pissed looking to see if anyone knows anything about it on here?

heres a quick pic of it :(

DSC00881.jpg
[/IMG]

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
really? so what happens if you own say 20k number plate have an accident you not only loose ur car but ur investment aswel :/ bulshit!!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
iirc you needed to have made the insurance company aware before thety scrapped the car, its gone now unfortunately, it may come back up for sale at the dvla at some point. I guess you could try and buy the car back if they havnt distroyed it yet

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
where did i bring that plate from? :S i brought it from dvl a but its a pic on my old car..

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
The old internet bought-brought troubles certainly do make the baby cheesus cry!