ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR lhd

Renaultsport Clio 197
112_0803_06z+2009_nissan_GTR+interior_view.jpg

112_0803_02z+2009_nissan_GTR+rear_view.jpg

so there will be a USA/euro version ?

Renaultsport Clio 197
If they do...I've gotta have this car.In 2 or 3 years, I don't care, but I have to have it

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u can preorder a uk spec one now but it wont be delivered untill next year... when there will be a few imports here and prices will be cheap... the black spec uk model is like 55k which tbh isnt that bad...

If by drunk you mean s**t then i concur. Jap interiors have all the style and finesse of a 1970s housing block for the most part. There are a couple of exceptions but most look hideous.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
buy one in the propper side to drive it and it looks alot better!!

gtr08_int1600.jpg

compare to this...

911turbo07_int1600.jpg

i know which i prefer and its the jap crap that looks better to me oh and it out performs the german s**t too lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its not 100% auto... and thats the only box it comes with... u have shifters on the wheel.

Renaultsport Clio 197
us version is 70tish thousand dollars

What do u think the price will be in 2 years?
new and used

?

buy one in the propper side to drive it and it looks alot better!!

gtr08_int1600.jpg

compare to this...

911turbo07_int1600.jpg

i know which i prefer and its the jap crap that looks better to me oh and it out performs the german s**t too lol

Now your the drunk one!

Renaultsport Clio 197
us version is 70tish thousand dollars

What do u think the price will be in 2 years?
new and used

?

anyone...
cause your guess is better than mine :)

@Englebert, same here...too cheap!
Can't wait to (in a few years) surprise some ///m's. amg's and a few ferraris lol

@Englebert, same here...too cheap!
Can't wait to (in a few years) surprise some ///m's. amg's and a few ferraris lol

It's not a Q car, nobody will be surprised by it's performance as it's been heavily discussed by the motoring press for considerable time now.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
still it outperforms most other manufacturers and for the money nothing else comes close.... oh and there will be a v spec and nur spec which will be even faster!!

uk price is 55k for the top spec... nothing new or second hand will beat it for that amount of cash!!

skylines hold their value well and r34gtr will cost you 35k still and a good r32gtr is still 7k and up

55k for a top spec one? Serious? I'm interested! :)

I hate the looks etc, but the performance mkes up for it, qaulity wise i hope its up to spec.

Malice, have you been in a 911? its definatly a nice place to be, feels qaulity. Ive owned lots of German cars and Jap, quality wise ther is no contest.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
http://secure.gtrnissan.com/index.html go preorder then lol, if u go for the gtr black edition which basically means u get dark rims and black paint and a black leather with red details interior with the only added option of sat nav it comes to 57k...

go for the gtrplus in white with the white/grey leather with the satnav and its 56k...

£3500 deposit which u can pay online...

yeh i have been in a 911 and they are nice cars but i prefer jap crap, i would take a r34gtr over a gt3rs lol... i bet if you said to someone ok take both cars out a 911 turbo and a gtr drive them hard, do what you do daily, go to the ring with them both, then say which is the better more fun car... bet u wouldnt get the gtr keys back

http://secure.gtrnissan.com/index.html go preorder then lol, if u go for the gtr black edition which basically means u get dark rims and black paint and a black leather with red details interior with the only added option of sat nav it comes to 57k...

go for the gtrplus in white with the white/grey leather with the satnav and its 56k...

yeh i have been in a 911 and they are nice cars but i prefer jap crap, i would take a r34gtr over a gt3rs lol... i bet if you said to someone ok take both cars out a 911 turbo and a gtr drive them hard, do what you do daily, go to the ring with them both, then say which is the better more fun car... bet u wouldnt get the gtr keys back

Are you insane!

If anybody shuns a 996/997 turbo for a stock R34GTR then they are blinded by the 'GTR' badge and far too hooked up in the JDM scene yo! The Turbo as a daily car is miles better looking, comfortable, quality build, sexy.......infact, GTR's are plain embaressing!

The new GTR sure is fast yes, but it has zero character, it is fappin HUGE.....the old 34 was big, but the 35 dwarfs it and makes it look like a vectra next to it. The new GTR is an even more shameful place to be, visually there is nothing appealing, technically its a computer and any money will be able to hustle it. Especially the monkey proof standing start feature......how boring is that!

If i want a fast car i want to drive it, and i want to know i'm driving it.......GT3 for me.

Plus Nissan electronics are shameful, R34 engine bay is the most illogical engine management system ever. The japs spend ALL their time and money on complex noise filtering ECU's because its cheaper to spend the time doing that and manufacture extreemly budget vehicle looms and sensor setups.

T

thecremeegg

Are you insane!

If anybody shuns a 996/997 turbo for a stock R34GTR then they are blinded by the 'GTR' badge and far too hooked up in the JDM scene yo! The Turbo as a daily car is miles better looking, comfortable, quality build, sexy.......infact, GTR's are plain embaressing!

The new GTR sure is fast yes, but it has zero character, it is fappin HUGE.....the old 34 was big, but the 35 dwarfs it and makes it look like a vectra next to it. The new GTR is an even more shameful place to be, visually there is nothing appealing, technically its a computer and any money will be able to hustle it. Especially the monkey proof standing start feature......how boring is that!

If i want a fast car i want to drive it, and i want to know i'm driving it.......GT3 for me.

Plus Nissan electronics are shameful, R34 engine bay is the most illogical engine management system ever. The japs spend ALL their time and money on complex noise filtering ECU's because its cheaper to spend the time doing that and manufacture extreemly budget vehicle looms and sensor setups.

Dude chill!

GTR over a porka anyday, it looks ace and its rapid. You're just put off by the nissan badge tbh.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
"If anybody shuns a 996/997 turbo for a stock R34GTR" Both cars are stock :S n the comment about "If i want a fast car i want to drive it, and i want to know i'm driving it" so you want to work twice as hard to keep it from heading backward's into the kitty litter id rather go for the Easy/fun route. you've seen hamond leathering a turbo after a R8 n he was arse out everywere tryin to keep with it it just makes sence to go for a car even a low experienced driver could have fun with n go just a quick

Damn straight i want to be working hard, if i come back with my heart rate at sub 100bpm, no cold sweat and not shaking, then i wouldnt of had fun now.

There is no such thing as easy/fun lol.

"If anybody shuns a 996/997 turbo for a stock R34GTR" Both cars are stock :S n the comment about "If i want a fast car i want to drive it, and i want to know i'm driving it" so you want to work twice as hard to keep it from heading backward's into the kitty litter id rather go for the Easy/fun route. you've seen hamond leathering a turbo after a R8 n he was arse out everywere tryin to keep with it it just makes sence to go for a car even a low experienced driver could have fun with n go just a quick

It was a C2s they put up against the R8 you'll find, which is RWD. The turbo is 4WD. The GT2 (aka widowmaker in it's 996 form) is RWD and doesn't have driver aids, it's a weapon of a car and TBH not really a road car as owners who've not respected it all found out. Most end up in various ditches and wrapped round tree's because the bloke behind the wheel has more ego than talent.