ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

guide/tools to change aux and cambelt?

182 inside
has anyone done a guide or reference to the tools required and or process of changing the aux. belt and cambelt on the 172/182?

Been searching but no luck.

any help appreciated.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
A special tool is required I understand for fitting the cam belt to the right tension. That's all I know about this one.

Cheers, Rob669

182 inside
my car was on the road 29/09/02 and 1 owner with full renault service history. it's now covered 30400 miles. should I do the cambelt and aux. belt when i do the rest of the service items next month?

Wav

ph1 172 + trackfd3s rx7
PM me your email address I'll send you the file.

Not worth DIY'ing it though IMO.

Have you done it yourself Edde? I will be doing it myself in March, I'll try to remember to take pics so that I can write up a guide for the forum afterwards. Graham please e-mail me at paulwavish at hotmail dot com if you want a pdf copy of the guide and tool list.

Ta,

Paul

my car was on the road 29/09/02 and 1 owner with full renault service history. it's now covered 30400 miles. should I do the cambelt and aux. belt when i do the rest of the service items next month?
Yep worth while it won't be cheap though for all the work.
Have you done it yourself Edde? I will be doing it myself in March, I'll try to remember to take pics so that I can write up a guide for the forum afterwards. Graham please e-mail me at paulwavish at hotmail dot com if you want a pdf copy of the guide and tool list.

Nope don't have a 172 and I'd never change one anyway best of removing the whole system anyway.

Do you want a copy of the file then?

Wav

ph1 172 + trackfd3s rx7
Yep worth while it won't be cheap though for all the work.

Nope don't have a 172 and I'd never change one anyway best of removing the whole system anyway.

Do you want a copy of the file then?

Thanks Eddie, if you don't mind sending your version to paulwavish @ hotmail dot com then please do. I have one fairly comprehensive copy, but yours could be even better.

Cheers,

Paul

182 CUP
edde,
Any chance of a copy, I wish to have mine changed this summer.

Does anyone know dimensions of locking tool or how much they are.