ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guys with black cars

172 GTR

Which polish or wax do you guys prefer? I used to love Auto Glym super resin followed by extra gloss protection. I used some cheap colour magic today it masked the swirl marks far better than the auto glym, simply it looked better?? What is the latest product for that showroom shine?

Thanks Danny

Scooby STi, FiestaST

ive got a few different ones i use Clearkote carnuba wax, Meguiars #21, Meguiars #16 or Meguiars NXT paste.

The NXT paste does hide any small swirls.

The #21 is very durable and looks good.

#16 is lovely with 2 coats on it, a very nice shine.

Im sure R-jay, Brazo and 182_blue will be along in a minute tho to give their expert advise to the dark car waxes.

I have a black car and those do a good job. they are all easy to apply and get off.

ST

I dont know what others reaction to this will be but DONT USE COLOUR MAGIC as itll dull the paint, its total junk mate!

I use megs NXT shampoo, then autoglym super resin to give a good shine then to seal NXT wax job done.

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 22 August 2005

I dont know what others reaction to this will be but DONT USE COLOUR MAGIC as itll dull the paint, its total junk mate!

I use megs NXT shampoo, then autoglym super resin to give a good shine then to seal NXT wax job done.
O.K. mate but why was it that I polished it a few time with super resin and after that I did half the panel with colour magic and the colour magic side was 10x better?? i.e. no small swirls and the gloss was better too.

RS 200

I use,

Megs NXT Shampoo
Mer Polish ( Only twice a year roughly otherwise every other time go to next step)
Megs NXT Tech Wax or Megs NXT Spray wax if i cant be arsed.

Job done

Clio 172mk2

i use the meg.. gold class wash, then meg.. nxt paste, takes a little more elbow greese but the finish is spot on

172 GTR

I was told this on another forum I use:

No contest .....Zymol hd cleanse followed by Zymol wax........no residue better for the paintwork.......other than that dont buy a black car ...........but still use the above product whatever the colour as it is the biz............

Anyone know about zymol??

172 GTR

Wash the car with NXT, rinse and Dry
Vanilla Moose - Sonus Green or SFX White Spot Pad by PC
Red Machine Glaze - Sonus Blue or SFX Blue Spot Pad by PC

Applied UPP by hand
Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass
Tyre Dressed with AG Rubber Plus

Are these all meguiars r-jay?

Your car looks :cool:

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 22 August 2005
Wash the car with NXT, rinse and Dry
Vanilla Moose - Sonus Green or SFX White Spot Pad by PC
Red Machine Glaze - Sonus Blue or SFX Blue Spot Pad by PC

Applied UPP by hand
Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass
Tyre Dressed with AG Rubber PlusAre these all meguiars r-jay?Your car looks :cool:

Vannila Moose and Red Machine Glaze are made by Clearkote for sale
http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/HERE

UPP is made by Fourstar, (no Uk supplier as yet) can be imported from http://www.pakshak.com/HERE

Fast Glass is Autoglym, and rubber plus is an Autoglym trade range product.

Cheers