ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R soon. Ride height opinions....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Decided to sod it and order the H&R coilovers on my credit card next month since you can buy them through K-Tec now.

Here is a quick ps of how it should sit. Would anyone be able to tell me if i could keep the arch liners in at this height?

I think it looks low enough tbh although im sure some will have other views;).....opinions please?

Thanks in advance.

--chris

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/Photoshop/e491c214.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/Photoshop/5ff6f1f1.jpg

Yopu won;t have an arch liner at that hight I just cannot see it.

Thats no reason to to get it that low just underseal the arches.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

mint :devilish:

as above really, the rear wont go down that low, as i think the rear platforms are the worst bit of the kit, ive done some alterations to the rear platforms and got them sitting about 10-15mm lower than the kit allows

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 05 September 2005
archliners will be in the bin and youll need to take a hammer and grinder to it to run that low.

Just what I was going to say. Plus it wont sit that low at the rear with the standard H&R springs.

This is mine and theyve been on for a while now and the fronts rub with the arch liners in and Ive bent the bumper mount up which it does catch from time to time (will need some proper grinder action). The mk1s might be different to the 172 cups though.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/chris172cup/CUP01.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Itll kill the car bein that low, undriveable, plus the bumper mounts may b an issue too

CLIO

you keepin them wheels now chris???itll be sweet if you can have it that low,but as said before get your grinder out kid....;)

cheers james

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 06 September 2005

Itll kill the car bein that low, undriveable, plus the bumper mounts may b an issue too
Hence why my car isnt that low. The quality of road surface in Edinburgh is absolutely shocking.

you can get H&Rs for about £650/670 now if you look hard so its not the same price. If the man doesnt want to spend the extra the H&Rs will be more than good enough anyway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 September 2005

you can get H&Rs for about £650/670 now if you look hard so its not the same price. If the man doesnt want to spend the extra the H&Rs will be more than good enough anyway.

the man speaks the truth.

H&Rs are cheaper by far, and for what im using them for its overkill as it is....let alone forking out for LEDA beasts.

Very nice jobs they are too, if you can afford them Mr. Loony. Just checked the spec sheet.:D