ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had the get the AA out

Had to get the AA out

I was at a set of traffic light when the engine managment light came on and the engine went all spak was idling between 400-1000 revs almost stalling everytime it dropped.

Got the aa guy to come out to see what he could do. He first changed my sparks, didnt work.
Then he put my old ones back it. engine was now idling ok now, but the light on the dash was still on. So he got his laptop out hooked it up to car to get a error code, The laptop said no error? I was like wtf. he cleared the logs anyways.

He then had a look at my exhaust because that sounded horrible to like a spluttering kind of noise. He said it might be partially blocked. He then followed me back home where the car seemed fine but the exhaust sounding nasty.

Any other ideas on what it could be? The car is a clio 1.2 16v expression 51plate.

The funny thing is I only just booked in for a service on wednesday lol.
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

LLambda sensor could be buggered or the cat could have collapsed

What causes a cat to collapsed? What does the cat do? Im abit rubbish with car bit lol.

The light hasnt come on since then tho if it was the sensor wouldnt it stay on all the time?

Cheers guy.

Last edited:
Bit of af update.

Car has been fine for about a week now. But today same problems came back luckily I was at a petrol station, I reved the engine abit and engine was back to normal.

So i took it to my garage and the engine was miss firing abit. He said somet about coil pack? I am taking it back tomorrow so he can hook his diag machine into the car.

My questions are what do coil packs do and how much should it cost to replace?

Thanks again.