ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Oil Grades

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Was looking for some 1L top up bottles and spoke to my Renault parts guy.
He said he had two bottles that had been on the shelve for months and I could get them at a good price.

I collected tonight and from what I see they are different and i'm a little unsure and hoping someone can shed some light on it for me.

All the oil I used was ELF and it was the following -

ELF Evolution 900 SXR 5W 40 RN710.

The two 1L bottles I received tonight are -

ELF Evolution RN TECH 5W 40 RN700 / RN710.

Now are these different oils and are they for different engines or can I use the RN TECH as its a RN710 which is what the Clio sports take & use.

IMG_3516.JPG

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Perfect. . . . . I was just going to bin it as was so unsure.

I have 15L (3 x 5L) of the Castrol GTX RN SPEC 5w40 RN710 but don't have any top up packs.

Im guessing along as its a 5W 40 RN710 it should be good to use and mix.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
One will have superseded the other that’s all. It’s all the same specs

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Do people have to top their F4R's up? I've never topped the oil up in any of mine, always stayed at MAX between services! - Always ripping into my Honda mates for using oil!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Do people have to top their F4R's up? I've never topped the oil up in any of mine, always stayed at MAX between services! - Always ripping into my Honda mates for using oil!

Was always very good with oil. Gearbox on the other hand...............