ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords 240v Car Polisher

Toyota Corolla T3
Hi all

Has anyone used/bought the 240v Halfords Car Polisher (£29.99 last time I looked)? I am wondering if it is a wise investment or whether good 'ol elbow grease is still the best way to get the Corolla gleaming so I can finally sell it and start looking for my future Clio 182?

If not, does anyone know of other polishers worth spending my money on?

Any advice greatfully received!

Cheers!

106 GTi
It will be only of use to apply or remove waxes. Will be no good to actually polish with or correct any defects, you little finger will have more power !

RB 182 Cup
i dont see how it could be crap? it spins the same as any other polisher so dont see what could be so bad

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^As soon as you apply any sort of pressure, it will just stop rotating.

Thus rendering a rotary polisher useless!!

106 GTi
lol - it has no real power to actually polish! As said it will apply and remove waxes saving you some minor effort if your lazy. Don't try and actually polish with it though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
On a s**t car it will make a noticeable gain...But in the longrun it's not worth it.

I just had a look on the website it doesnt tell you anything about it mainly because its not made for enthusiasts like us but the average joe. If your serious you wanna either get a PC a megs polisher or adapt an DA sander for polishing.

I got a PC not so long back and im pretty happy with it but there not cheap

Toyota Corolla T3
Well that's a clear NO then!!!

Cheers for the advice - I'll stick to elbow grease and save my money.

Cheers all!