ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords 3 for 2

Pearl Black 172
Just a heads up just got back from Halfords and the 3 for 2 on ALL cleaning chemicals has started.
Got nicely stocked up for the summer

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Megs tyre gel for tyres

Not sure halfords will have anything amazing for trim, but the tyre gel works well for trim also

Jay, yes.

looking for a tyre and bumper treatment, anyone recommend one?

I can but you won't be able to get it in Halfords. Do you want a Halfords suggestion or a "best product" suggestion?

Megs tyre gel for tyres

Not sure halfords will have anything amazing for trim, but the tyre gel works well for trim also

It will also allow dirt to stick to it and run off when it rains...

The auto glym bumper trim is good stuff, fairly easy to work in.

Pretty average stuff, but again, are you a Halfords shopper or a "best product" shopper?

Turtle wax black in a flash for plastics, not sure about tyre shine

cheers for the heads up :D

AWFUL stuff.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Even though meguiars tyre gel is not an ideal trim restorer, it's still better to use that rather than anything halfords has to offer, if used correctly

Even though meguiars tyre gel is not an ideal trim restorer, it's still better to use that rather than anything halfords has to offer, if used correctly

No it's not. If you have to use a Halfords product, AG Bumper Care is best. Although it is still pretty average.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I see what your saying, in my opinion dont even bother with ag bumper care, get something else in the deal

Clay bar kit or something

Jay, yes.

I can but you won't be able to get it in Halfords. Do you want a Halfords suggestion or a "best product" suggestion?

It will also allow dirt to stick to it and run off when it rains...

Pretty average stuff, but again, are you a Halfords shopper or a "best product" shopper?

AWFUL stuff.
whatever you do, don't recommend an alternative

It looked like all the posts were to do with a similar product to me

Great. Much like all of the recent threads look similar to me.

If you are interested receiving views and suggestions on products for a specific purpose, search and you shall find.

As has already been mentioned, C4 on trim if you're into detailing (definition; you're willing to shop somewhere other than Halfords, want the best product regardless of cost and you don't mind spending time prepping the surface) - AG Bumper Care if you're a Halfords shopper.

For the tyres, Meg's Endurance if you're a Halfords shopper/semi enthusiast, Blackfire if you're after the best.

Ooooh, deja vu.

Not a 320d
For the tyres, Meg's Endurance if you're a Halfords shopper/semi enthusiast, Blackfire if you're after the best.

Used to use Blackfire always. But at the price it is, for a product which, as all tyre dressings do, look like s**t after a few days in the english climate, decided to go with megs at £9 a bottle. Still got half a bottle left I probably wont ever use. Also, I like my tyres to be clean after washin, and after two weeks all it takes for me is a wash and the tyre gel is mostly gone. Blackfire lasted a lot longer than that.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Open the pores of the rubber on your tyres when you apply the gel

Heat them up with a hair dryer or something, then apply the gel

Will last longerrrr

Great. Much like all of the recent threads look similar to me.

If you are interested receiving views and suggestions on products for a specific purpose, search and you shall find.

As has already been mentioned, C4 on trim if you're into detailing (definition; you're willing to shop somewhere other than Halfords, want the best product regardless of cost and you don't mind spending time prepping the surface) - AG Bumper Care if you're a Halfords shopper.

Ooooh, deja vu.

You're sassy, I like it.

Where are you based? Might get you to de-swirl my car one day.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think i've ever seen JD described at sassy before.

I aim to please.

London. I no longer have time. A shame, as BlackGolds were one of my favourite colours to detail.

Try DW.

Tis a shame indeed, noble sir. Perhaps we will meet again when you solve your time conundrum.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
There was a thread on DW where a guy had used mercury and 00 wirewool on a impreza exhaust system

Jaw dropping to say the least