ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords paint - help please..

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Hello,
Anyone know if any of halfrauds paint is a match to the D48 nautilus blue of my mk2?
Would really appreciate it!
Many thanks,
~David

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hello,
Anyone know if any of halfrauds paint is a match to the D48 nautilus blue of my mk2?
Would really appreciate it!
Many thanks,
~David

I can't comment on halfords paint for being a good match , i've only ever used their bog standard paints like matt black and their lacquer . Personally i use a local motor factors that mixes paint and puts it in rattle cans and they're always spot on . Maybe check out one local to you or you could try http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/ they are supposed to be very good by all accounts from people who have ordered stuff off them on CS .

I'd use auto-paint as well, they are brilliant and often cheaper than Halfords as well as being a better colour match.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Thanks for the link mate! I'll check them out. I'll also have a ask round for a recommended paint shop.
Cheers

I can't comment on halfords paint for being a good match , i've only ever used their bog standard paints like matt black and their lacquer . Personally i use a local motor factors that mixes paint and puts it in rattle cans and they're always spot on . Maybe check out one local to you or you could try http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/ they are supposed to be very good by all accounts from people who have ordered stuff off them on CS .

I'd use auto-paint as well, they are brilliant and often cheaper than Halfords as well as being a better colour match.

this^^^

I used autopaint for the year I have owned my car and they have been fantastic! the colour match for my renault piant is perfect! and to top it off they colour matched the gold on my wheels recently by eye and it looks amazing!!!

clio 172, mondeo td
i use a company called paints4u.com based in grimsby, always had good colour match and service from them and ive got a d48 so know its a good match, as ive learnt though a lot of the time its prep eration that makes it look good in the end

I went to AutoPaint on Saturday and picked up 2 rattle cans for my Sapphire Black Astra... Perfect match I have used them for my Clio to for Capsicum red.

I got

2 Rattle cans
Lacquer
Primer
Scotch Pad
4 Sheets of 2000 grit wet and dry

All for a measly £26.

A3B344D9-1768-4684-87BA-F0C440E35405-341-0000001608C01434_zps4a0c114a.jpg

CCA05B4C-FF2D-4544-BC08-5C50BA396A56-341-000000160FFBB1DF_zps5d640158.jpg

F7E67089-68E5-42CF-9376-628D8F60501E-341-0000001602EFF8E9_zpsb3573753.jpg

CE6E5B5F-D222-4CAC-A474-D53DD7083088-341-00000015FC327637_zps52d538cc.jpg

It was a rush job I will say I didn't do enough prep but it is spot on for colour match.

It's just not polished properly :p needs going over with a buffer that's my story and i'm sticking with it! :rasp:

(When are you unblocking me off Facebook anyway I haven't abused anyone in a while!)

I had the same colour for my last car, I got the paint made up at Halfords and the colour was slightly off and too light, tried again and the same. Got it from Auto Paint and it was a perfect match. Only downside is waiting for it!

Decked Dirty Diesel!
Is it possible to get paint made up that isn't matte?

So maybe the paint and lacquer are mixed together..

Just for use on touch ups so I can spray it on and it'll match?

i tried a touch up with halfrauds paint and it just looks matte and doesn't match at all?

i tried a touch up with halfrauds paint and it just looks matte and doesn't match at all?

Have you tried buffing it up with some AG SRP? Or I used G3 Super Resin Wax with the G3 waffle pad but it does need a buff with a polisher to bring it up to the same as my car.

Williams 2

2-pack paint has got the shine 'built in' but you can only get it for solid colours.

Metallic paints are always a basecoat (matte) then a gloss clearcoat.

You can bodge a bit of shine out of basecoat as chapster says by polishing it up without lacquer, but you will get no where near the gloss and no protection. It will come up more like satin. If its a bit of bodywork that you want to match another never ever do that lol.