ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo Infinite

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long time coming for this but it's not far off now. They released a campaign trailer recently and it looks alright I think. Free on game pass anyway so will definitely be giving it a go. I also only just noticed how the open world campaign style seems very similar to far cry with the camp site type bases which you can pick and choose to attack.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Jeeeeezus H... I've also pre-installed on PC and Xbox. Massive installation sizes. Over 200GB across both I believe. And we'll get to download it all again when the day one patches are released! :ROFLMAO: 👌

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Halo Infinite MP Beta has been released today. Hopefully get a few games in tonight as I missed out on some of the earlier opportunities.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It does blow. Co-op (on the original Halo) was (and still is) probably one of my fave gaming experiences. I was hoping to rekindle a bit of that with Infinite.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Really enjoying the online on this. It has mega Halo 3 vibes, and I think that is probably my favourite online-shooter of all time.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It does blow. Co-op (on the original Halo) was (and still is) probably one of my fave gaming experiences. I was hoping to rekindle a bit of that with Infinite.
Me too. When it launches, we can do some together on our 3090s….

200.gif

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I got excited then... I tried to load it up early and it worked! Well, further than I've got before. Changed the settings to Ultra, setup my key-bindings, etc. so all ready to go in just over an hours time...

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I got excited then... I tried to load it up early and it worked! Well, further than I've got before. Changed the settings to Ultra, setup my key-bindings, etc. so all ready to go in just over an hours time...
…and?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Really enjoying the large, open-world landscapes and outposts / FOBs. It's like a Halo / Crysis hybrid but feels like the original Halo in many ways - which is a winner as far as I'm concerned.

I'm fortunate enough to have a nice sound setup and the Dolby Atmos audio and soundtrack is fantastic. Can't wait to finish work and get back on it.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Looking forward to spending some time on this.
In for hernia opp today so perfect timing for a few days recovery on the couch [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Anyone started the campaign yet?
Played about 15 mins last night. Feels a bit samey atm

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Anyone started the campaign yet?
Played about 15 mins last night. Feels a bit samey atm

It is a little repetitive at first however I have really enjoyed it & put a good few hours into it.

Loving the open world setting, really opens up once the banshee becomes available.

The ability to fast travel between completed outposts is useful too.

Also really like the grappling hook, it is a great tool for those hard to reach areas & also combat when it’s fully upgraded.

This is the first game in along time where I am actively searching out side missions & objectives.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've completed all the FOBs, side missions, collectibles, etc... but stuck on the last boss battle. First time I've ever rage-quit!

It's ridiculously hard. Fighting the final boss who can one-shot kill you, whilst being hunted by a Chieftain Brute with Gravity Hammer who can one-hit kill you and who can attack from across the level with a lunge that is too fast to avoid, whilst avoiding circa 6 sniper Elites that can two-shot kill you, whilst avoiding flying sentinels who can shock you, whilst avoiding regular grunts who like sticking you with plasma grenades. I spent 3 HOURS solid stuck on this last 3-stage battle. I've got to a checkpoint on the last stage of the fight but cannot do it.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I’ll look forward to that then [emoji23]

What difficulty are you on?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll look forward to that then [emoji23]

What difficulty are you on?

:LOL: I'm playing through on Heroic at the moment... then onto Legendary. Although my enthusiasm has been tempered somewhat given the brutal difficulty! It's by far the most difficult engagement I've encountered in any of the Halo games. And the Hunters are a lot tougher, too!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I've completed all the FOBs, side missions, collectibles, etc... but stuck on the last boss battle. First time I've ever rage-quit!

It's ridiculously hard. Fighting the final boss who can one-shot kill you, whilst being hunted by a Chieftain Brute with Gravity Hammer who can one-hit kill you and who can attack from across the level with a lunge that is too fast to avoid, whilst avoiding circa 6 sniper Elites that can two-shot kill you, whilst avoiding flying sentinels who can shock you, whilst avoiding regular grunts who like sticking you with plasma grenades. I spent 3 HOURS solid stuck on this last 3-stage battle. I've got to a checkpoint on the last stage of the fight but cannot do it.
I feel your pain. I remember something similar on Metroid Prime on the GameCube. Still to this day I haven’t completed it!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not jumped on this yet. Might give it a little session later on tonight as it does look like a lot of fun.

F82 M4
I started the campaign earlier a few days ago, really enjoying it. I haven't actually played a Halo campaign since probably Halo 2 so I watched a recap video of the whole series. Jesus I didn't realise how good the Halo story is :oops:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I started the campaign earlier a few days ago, really enjoying it. I haven't actually played a Halo campaign since probably Halo 2 so I watched a recap video of the whole series. Jesus I didn't realise how good the Halo story is :oops:

Can you share the recap video? I broadly remember it, but it has been a while 😂

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
The atory
The story arc is epic. During lockdown 1 I played CE, 2 ,3, 4, ODST and Reach. Twice. Just which I had a series x to struggle through 5 and play infinite. Hope everyone is enjoying it!

F82 M4
The atory

The story arc is epic. During lockdown 1 I played CE, 2 ,3, 4, ODST and Reach. Twice. Just which I had a series x to struggle through 5 and play infinite. Hope everyone is enjoying it!
And I didn't know Windows Cortana is literally named after Halo's 😂

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So, after my first ever rage quit incident the other day... I actually completed Halo Infinite Campaign yesterday evening (whilst waiting for my missus to get ready to go out and celebrate our anniversary). :LOL: Annoyingly I did it the first time as well. Quite different to the other night where I was stuck in a rage quit loop for 3 hours. I can now try it all again on Legendary (and to get a few more skulls). Interestingly I only used the grappleshot as well thinking back. I haven't used any of the other equipment types (such as drop-shield, vicinity locator, etc) despitefully max-ing them out. I also completed the majority of the FOBs and peripheral stuff before embarking on the main story elements.

I really enjoyed it but I just know Legendary will be an absolute b*tch! :LOL:

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
So I've given it more time, and it's hard to describe. I don't think it's that exciting to play, but I keep finding myself gravitating towards it. Don't know whether that's just because COD is absolutely w**k now though.... hmmmmm.
Have been bashing through the FOB's and the High Value Targets.

It seems to be getting a little bit more difficult now with multiple Hunters at certain locations.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
So, after my first ever rage quit incident the other day... I actually completed Halo Infinite Campaign yesterday evening (whilst waiting for my missus to get ready to go out and celebrate our anniversary). :LOL: Annoyingly I did it the first time as well. Quite different to the other night where I was stuck in a rage quit loop for 3 hours. I can now try it all again on Legendary (and to get a few more skulls). Interestingly I only used the grappleshot as well thinking back. I haven't used any of the other equipment types (such as drop-shield, vicinity locator, etc) despitefully max-ing them out. I also completed the majority of the FOBs and peripheral stuff before embarking on the main story elements.

I really enjoyed it but I just know Legendary will be an absolute b*tch! :LOL:

I finished it yesterday on normal. That was hard enough!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I finished it yesterday on normal. That was hard enough!

I'm doing ok at the moment (I think). I've collected 100% of all collectibles on an easier difficulty (normal) and recently began my Legendary slog. FFS I've died a lot. And I mean, A LOT! Melee is pointless as you just get shrugged off and one-hit killed when they retaliate. Jackal Snipers kill you from a mile away with a single shot. Even 3 or 4 hits from a Grunt is enough to put you on the brink of death. The bosses... FML. I've just killed the boss atop The Tower and that took me around 35-40 minutes. Just chipping away at his shield and health whilst avoiding his attacks (which is tricky due to the invisible camo they use). One hit from his energy sword and you are dead...

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I don’t even think I’ll attempt it on legendary unless co-op actually happens. I’m on Escharum atm, and died a few times.

Just stupid mistakes right when he’s about to die.