ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo Infinite

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t even think I’ll attempt it on legendary unless co-op actually happens. I’m on Escharum atm, and died a few times.

Just stupid mistakes right when he’s about to die.

It's f'ing infuriating mate. You just cannot go rushing in and have to try and take as many out from a distance as possible. Sadly the open nature of the environment really hurts you as a solo player though. The number of times I've spent absolutely ages thinning out enemies at a FOB only to be sniped and killed in one-shot from some sniper on a ledge half a mile away. I'm currently trying to fight my way through the excavation site with the mining laser (and face the guy with the big hammer!) That will be fun... :LOL:

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Finished the main story yesterday. Just running round the map finishing the bits I should of done first now.
The last boss was a bit of a pain in the dick aswell.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Completed the story and the all FOBs / high value targets / points of interests etc.

Only on Normal. And some of that was tough. Good fun though.

I’ll only be tackling Legendary on Co-op, hopefully with a few of you on here….

I'm at about 75% complete on Legendary single-play at the moment. And I've got no hair left, and I've smashed my way through 4 controllers and 2 LG OLED televisions. :ROFLMAO:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm at about 75% complete on Legendary single-play at the moment. And I've got no hair left, and I've smashed my way through 4 controllers and 2 LG OLED televisions. :ROFLMAO:
I just couldn't cope doing that. My days of ramping up the difficulty to test both myself and my patience have long gone!

I just default everything to 'Normal' these days - mainly because that was the difficulty that the devs created as a baseline for the game. It will be entirely achievable, yet still represent a worthy challenge.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I stuck it on normal and grabbed the cannon from on top of the crashed ship. I have absolutely no interest in challenging myself in single player, that's what multiplayer is for 👌

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I stuck it on normal and grabbed the cannon from on top of the crashed ship. I have absolutely no interest in challenging myself in single player, that's what multiplayer is for 👌
I'm completely the opposite. Multiplayer these days is akin to a visit to the dentist without anaesthetic. The 'middle-ground' of decent players is often non-existent - instead relying on cannon-fodder newbies/brainless idiots or those at the other extreme - credit-card-unlock-kiddies treating the game like an entrance exam to West Point and having ZERO tolerance for anyone not towing the line. Of course, in victory, the obligatory "EEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYY!" and "Blue-Team n00bs" comments come rolling in. Yawn.

From what I've heard, Halo Infinite tries to take things back to basics of the golden age of multiplayer FPS games. Co-op modes are great in anything, but PvP now can go and jump into a waste-disposal. I have absolutely no interest or patience in the latter.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Halo Infinite Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 01.09.09.90.png

Finally 100% on Legendary. B**tard.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Take it that it was a bit of a slog?

Yeah, just a bit mate! I completed the game/story with progress showing around 90% - I just had a few propaganda towers to find. Having found all the skulls I enabled the infinite ammo skull to find those last remaining towers, which didn't really make it all that much easier as snipers and Banshees would still take me out from afar with a couple of shots. In hindsight, I could have used the infinite ammo skull for a large part of my Lengendary run-through but I wanted to do it without 'cheating'. Some of the bosses were ridiculous though - I'd spend 30 minutes running and jumping to maintain a safe distance from them, chipping away at their shields/health, only to get wiped out in a single shot or two when I snagged on the scenery or got caught out by their AI.

I won't be playing through on Legendary again - although am tempted to see what it's like with the infinite ammo skull. I'm not sure it will make it that much easier.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Yeah, just a bit mate! I completed the game/story with progress showing around 90% - I just had a few propaganda towers to find. Having found all the skulls I enabled the infinite ammo skull to find those last remaining towers, which didn't really make it all that much easier as snipers and Banshees would still take me out from afar with a couple of shots. In hindsight, I could have used the infinite ammo skull for a large part of my Lengendary run-through but I wanted to do it without 'cheating'. Some of the bosses were ridiculous though - I'd spend 30 minutes running and jumping to maintain a safe distance from them, chipping away at their shields/health, only to get wiped out in a single shot or two when I snagged on the scenery or got caught out by their AI.

I won't be playing through on Legendary again - although am tempted to see what it's like with the infinite ammo skull. I'm not sure it will make it that much easier.
I guess this is where co-op comes in and take out some of the pain. Well done for working your way through it. At least you have the satisfaction of having done it and in a way, cudos to the game and it’s makers for delivering something you want to out the time/effort into.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Appreciate this isn’t quite the place to be posting this but…
E26C3BAA-EE0F-41B9-B493-1770C6F75484.jpeg

If you know, you know. Been looking forward to this for a long time!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Probably will get to Halo Infinite at some point, having recently started my way through the Master Chief Collection on the PC.

Finished Reach and now onto CE, which (unless I'm being a moron) has no option for sprinting. In an FPS. Erm, wut? So some of these big-ass areas where you see a dropship land in the distance, can only be reached like a 90-year-old Albert on a Sunday afternoon stroll in his zimmer-frame.

Also, being entrenched into the Glorious PCMR, the majority of Halo titles are all new to me. Is it a 'feature' of the series that the majority of weapons are simply crap? I use the default pistol for EVERYTHING given that its powerful, silly accurate and can be used for sniping over long ranges. The standard rifle is absolute shite and the Elites manage to easily side-step/dodge anything that's remotely slow in firing towards them. Many a time I run out of ammo and literally pickup anything that has a few rounds left that I can fire back with - though thankfully that isn't as bad as the Ammo Conservation Sim, sorry DOOM, of recent years.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Probably will get to Halo Infinite at some point, having recently started my way through the Master Chief Collection on the PC.

Finished Reach and now onto CE, which (unless I'm being a moron) has no option for sprinting. In an FPS. Erm, wut? So some of these big-ass areas where you see a dropship land in the distance, can only be reached like a 90-year-old Albert on a Sunday afternoon stroll in his zimmer-frame.

Also, being entrenched into the Glorious PCMR, the majority of Halo titles are all new to me. Is it a 'feature' of the series that the majority of weapons are simply crap? I use the default pistol for EVERYTHING given that its powerful, silly accurate and can be used for sniping over long ranges. The standard rifle is absolute shite and the Elites manage to easily side-step/dodge anything that's remotely slow in firing towards them. Many a time I run out of ammo and literally pickup anything that has a few rounds left that I can fire back with - though thankfully that isn't as bad as the Ammo Conservation Sim, sorry DOOM, of recent years.
Combat rifle is my default but you’ve got to aim for the head. The alternative is the plasma pistol, hold for the large discharge shot to take down the shield then double tap with a pistol or AR.
The needler can be super effective at medium distance it doesn’t work against cloaked elites.
CE is a great game, particularly the remastered version. My favourite of the series is Reach which is worth a try.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Don't get your hopes up, mate... it's... different. 😐
Totally different story (which I knew about), I’m enjoying it though. Some of the CGI is pants but at times with the ambilight tv, it looks really good (just a shame I’ve got a lower-mid-range version not the OLED one.

Apparently, the first few episodes are “average” but it gets better later on.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one

It’s also worth adding, they tweaked the power of some weapons in later games as in CE, you’re right, the pistol is extremely strong.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I might have to play through them all again now - still love the Halo games even though things have moved on so much over the years. Original, Reach and Infinite are probably my top three.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I might have to play through them all again now - still love the Halo games even though things have moved on so much over the years. Original, Reach and Infinite are probably my top three.
Make sure you press the Tab key as it switches the graphics between ‘original’ and enhanced. Strangely however, when you look to the sky in CE are see the internal arc of Halo itself, it’s very bland on the enhanced version.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you press the Tab key as it switches the graphics between ‘original’ and enhanced. Strangely however, when you look to the sky in CE are see the internal arc of Halo itself, it’s very bland on the enhanced version.

Yeah, a few of the decisions made with the enhanced versions seem a bit strange but they manage to retain the 'feel' of the original versions (and that's what keeps me interested). Halo 4 and 5 didn't massively do anything for me, especially 5, but I did it for Cortana. :ROFLMAO:

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I think I have said this previously but I did just that during lockdown 1 all the way up to 4 (I don’t have a one or series so can’t play 5 and infinite). 3 is also very good but I think Reach topped it for me.
when playing CE, I did enjoy toggling between the graphics, it’s impressive how the enhanced graphics made such a difference.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think I have said this previously but I did just that during lockdown 1 all the way up to 4 (I don’t have a one or series so can’t play 5 and infinite). 3 is also very good but I think Reach topped it for me.
when playing CE, I did enjoy toggling between the graphics, it’s impressive how the enhanced graphics made such a difference.
View attachment 1598996
View attachment 1598997
Yeah - likewise on CE...

1656194623948.png

1656194651758.png

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I’ve just finished Infinite in Heroic after putting quite a few hours in. The last boss was tough as the chieftain with the hammer kept on taking me out but I did the old jump down and grapple hook back up to keep looping it round to finally take it down. Once he was down it was plain sailing.
I really enjoyed it. Loved the open world area. Definitely made use of the never ending supply of scorpion tanks you can call down at the FOB’s in the latter part of the game.
Now I’m hunting all the unlockables having defeated every minor baddy and secured every FOB.
I could see co-op would be great fun bearing in mind the number of multi-seat vehicles.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Moving on from the unlockables, I’ve entered the world of online gaming. Really enjoying it. I am pretty mediocre tbh but enjoying it. Does anyone else play it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Moving on from the unlockables, I’ve entered the world of online gaming. Really enjoying it. I am pretty mediocre tbh but enjoying it. Does anyone else play it?

I did a little bit on release and have done a handful of times since because it's still downloaded on Xbox. I do find it quite fun and easy to jump in for a short session.