ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake and stop light on???

PH1 172
Hi everyone,

I bought my first clio 172 today what a cracking little car they are.

My question is thatwhen you apply the handbrake both the handbrake light and the stop light come on, is this supposed to happen?

Thanks Ben.

PH1 172
Not to sure will check tommorrow morning i even tryed looking in the owners manual and found nothing???

Mondeo TDCI 130
When you pull the handbrake the symbol and the STOP comes on? that is correct!? It shouldnt come on when the handbrake is on unless you have a fluid issue!

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm sure they come on together mate. nothing to worry about. if the fluid was low I think it's just the handbrake light that comes on.

edit. no they dont. my mates ph1 used to do it, but not sure why.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Only the handbrake light comes on when I apply the handbrake on mine.

The only time I've had both the stop and handbrake light come on was when my brake pads and fluids were low.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Mine has just started doing this, but only when i turn the car on, release the handbrake and they both stay on but when i pull away they go off! Bit strange but the low fluid would make sense if the brake fluid sensor works how i think it does, as i park in a slight hill at night????