ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake has gone loose!

ClioSport 172 Cup
Was driving lastnight and i lifted the handbrake and it went up alot higher than normal and felt like something snapped. I checked under the car and one of the cables looks loose compared to the other(when the brake it up the passenger side cable is tight but the drivers side feels slack, i jacked it up and the drivers side wheel turns as if no brake is applied!!!, so i`m guessing its only working on one wheel.
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on whats caused this and how it can be repaired? Is it my pad/disc thats gone, or is there something wrong with the cable on the drivers side???? Its a 172 Cup by the way.

Cheers!!!

Samuel

sounds as though the cable's snapped that side. try pulling the cable end with pliers, which'll confirm

ClioSport 172 Cup
Hi guys and gals,

After getting round to investigating the drivers side cable is snapped!! Can anyone sell me one for a good price, anyone in the midlands? I went to Renault but its quite alot for a cable from them.

Thanks!!

Samuel

BG182FF
yeh got mine from west renault for £23 posted and was here in a jiffy! highly recommended mate, got it fitted in garage in half hour. I did exactly the same thing mate

Seems strange that the cable has snapped, I'd check the position of the arm on the caliper compared to the side that works as the caliper could have seized (I've had 3 new rear calipers due to this in the last 10 months!!)

ClioSport 172 Cup
Only just got round to this as I have been very busy. Just called Renault Sutton Park in Burton Upon Trent and they have quoted me £40!!! for a drivers side hand brake cable. What the..Is it special on the 172 Cup ??

BG182FF
pm west renaults mate, he will sort you out. not sure if its different for the 172 cup as i have a 182 mate