ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake seems to be stuck...

BG V6, LY 182
After leaving my car for 3 days on my drive, which has a slight incline, i seem to have a problem with my handbrake. However after pulling off my drive and going to the gym it was fine, wasn't stuck at all.But then i tried to pull away from the gym and it won't. Well it pulls away, but its as if the handbrake is applied. Any ideas why this could be?

Clio 172, Clio 200
I had this problem in a clio 1.2. Must be a silly clio thing. Had the problem fixed at a garage only to happen again 6 months later. It still does it now and again but never casued any serious problems...until the day you go to take a corner fast and the handbrake applies :)

BG V6, LY 182
Wack your rear drums with a rubber mallet.

We tried that but nothing seemed to work. tried driving forwards and back to see if it loosened it, but nothing worked.
Rang local garage so there coming to look at it.

Hope its not at expensive job!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
LOL Neither would I but I would still do it. Learn something in the process too! Hope you get it fixed :)

MK2PH2
This happened to one of my mates clio, he jacked the car up and tapped the rear drums while trying to spin the wheels then it came unstuck.
Another way that is supposed to work is putting the car in reverse and shaking the rear of the car.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The brake lining may of come away and this has seized the rear drum.

New brake shoes needed to correct the problem.

BG V6, LY 182
The brake lining may of come away and this has seized the rear drum.

New brake shoes needed to correct the problem.

Clever clogs :)

With it not being used as much as it used to, due to me working away... the garage phoned and they have seized, And the adjusters have been stuck on? and then something has melted? or something like that.

Any way £75 quid to fix. Sounds good to me?

renault clio extreme
This happened to me this morning . eventualy came off but dont think was good gor the clutch .
and my ABS light came on . [and the serve light .] on a monday , #Nightmare

renault clio extreme
wheel siezed last night - train home . £18.00 spent on public transport in 2 days . car in garage , #Nightmare... :(