ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake

I know im allowed no mods but i really hate the handbrake on my Clio Dynamique, has anyone ever changed theres?? Just after a plain silver one from halfords or something. Can anyone give me a guide to how to change it?

yeah its easy enough to change mate, its a bit of a usual shape mind so ud probably be better off with a momo one like ive got as they do vehicle specific adaptors to aid fitting...speak to ur local halfords, theyll sort u out....the momo gear is expensive mind...mine was £100+ at full retail

I aint after nothing fancy, there was a plain silver ripspeed one for £30 and the bloke said you take the plastic off, fit this one over the top and velcro it down, just wondering if its easy to take off.

in a word, no lol best bet is to use a dremel type cutting tool and saw it off using that...wont be going back on mind if ur thinkin of trading the car back in to renault

Mine came off pretty easy and in replaceable order! I have a Ripspeed Silver and Carbon Effect! Will post up pic tommorrow.

im gona go for the rickbrook one at £40ish, lush. Although so is the momo.

Basically take a hacksaw cut a line down the rubber grip or plastic, until it comes off, make sure that when u take the button off that it dont fly away with the spring, then ut ya over and allen key it down, piece of piss.