ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake cable retaining clip on fuel tank

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Noticed mine has completely sheered off at some point and my handbrake cable is just sort of dangling down a bit and im slightly worried about my impending mot.

Has anyone had any luck replacing this and what with? I'm hoping its just one of those push fit 'fir tree' connectors and I can shove one of these in instead link

(Sorry s**t pictures from eBay listing)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.18.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.18.40.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.24.12.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.24.12.png
    631.1 KB · Views: 31

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Pretty sure the clip is plastiwelded to the tank, either that or glued. Id be interested in this too as mine is the same. Ive used a zip tie but would prefer to replace the clip with something.

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure the clip is plastiwelded to the tank, either that or glued. Id be interested in this too as mine is the same. Ive used a zip tie but would prefer to replace the clip with something.
Yeah it looks like you're right.

I've ordered some of these: https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/self-adhesive-cable-clips-assortment

Im going to scrape the adhesive off and then use some JB weld plastic bond to stick it on where the original was but who knows how long that will last

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks for the update, I've just ordered some from your link.

Did you need to do anything to prep the surface or use glue or anything.
@MorroN

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the update, I've just ordered some from your link.

Did you need to do anything to prep the surface or use glue or anything.
@MorroN
I scraped off the adhesive on the clip and used JB Weld plastic bond to stick it on. You can get that on amazon for about £6.

I just cleaned the tank and scuffed it up with some 240 grit paper to key it but that’s probably overkill