ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handheld vacuum?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got any suggestions? I figure you get what you pay for, and I don't want to be frustrated by something with little suction.

Will just be used for little bits, around the house, in the car etc when I can't be bothered to get Henry out.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH its worth dragging Henry/Hetty out. The rubber brush attachment is excellent for cars.

We do have a handheld;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1425206.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:11724646025|tsid:41370|cid:147341585|lid:54854888213|nw:g|crid:40131437705|rnd:17411701596884025086|dvc:c|adp:1o5

Half price at the moment. Its pretty good for what it is. f**k paying £170 for a Dyson one or similar.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
TBH its worth dragging Henry/Hetty out. The rubber brush attachment is excellent for cars.

We do have a handheld;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1425206.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:11724646025|tsid:41370|cid:147341585|lid:54854888213|nw:g|crid:40131437705|rnd:17411701596884025086|dvc:c|adp:1o5

Half price at the moment. Its pretty good for what it is. f**k paying £170 for a Dyson one or similar.

Good to see you rate a relatively cheap one, I'd be happy to pay £35, I'm not expecting it to replace Henry, just to clear up little bits that appear here and there.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/44465/electrolux-z61a-workzone-stair-and-car-vac

Highly recommended. It's mains powered so forget having a pathetic 12v motor feebly trying to suck sh*t up...this has proper suction. The switchable rotating brushes work really well on removed mats and seat backs, and the hose/narrow nozzle get into every single awkward recess on my ST.

Had mine over a year now, can't fault it at all.

Really want it to be cordless, so I can just pick it up and have it anywhere, I appreciate this might mean less suction power, but maybe some at least get close?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we paid £60 for it and still think its good.

Battery life isnt fantastic but will easily see you through as long as you're not doing the whole house!!

The only thing its missing is a brush for the stubborn stuff - but if its just crumbs and dust its good.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we paid £60 for it and still think its good.

Battery life isnt fantastic but will easily see you through as long as you're not doing the whole house!!

The only thing its missing is a brush for the stubborn stuff - but if its just crumbs and dust its good.

Does it get the little stones etc that you find in a car footwell over time?

It'll mainly be for clearing up the crumbs around the food recycling bin and a quick going over of the car and little corners in house. No intention of hoovering the carpet in the house with it really.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Does it get the little stones etc that you find in a car footwell over time?

It'll mainly be for clearing up the crumbs around the food recycling bin and a quick going over of the car and little corners in house. No intention of hoovering the carpet in the house with it really.

I'm cleaning the car tomorrow. I'll do you a youtube video? Sad but the only real way to tell.

It won't be very good for the dog hair but I'll do under the mats where all the little stones, dried mud etc is.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm cleaning the car tomorrow. I'll do you a youtube video? Sad but the only real way to tell.

It won't be very good for the dog hair but I'll do under the mats where all the little stones, dried mud etc is.

Haha, not expecting a video, just every one I look at has reviews saying "no suction" etc, and it's hard to know whether that's just people with too high expectations. Haven't found one yet below £100 that doesn't have reviews all across the range from 1 to 5 stars, so it's hard to really see which ones are better in relative terms.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Really want it to be cordless, so I can just pick it up and have it anywhere, I appreciate this might mean less suction power, but maybe some at least get close?

To those that have cordless vacs...do they hold a charge well? Is yours always charged up and ready to go at a moment's notice?

I know two people that have cordless vacs and they never get used, they wheel their main house vac out, on an extension lead to do their car. Either the battery doesn't last long enough or they don't suck enough.

Seriously consider if you HAVE to have a cordless one, because for less than £40 the one I have is bargain of the century in terms of doing what you want it to do at that price point.