ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook V12 Evo 2 K120's - Any one tried them??

Hi,

Has anyone tried the below tire?
http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/hankook/ventus-v12-evo2-k120/205-45-zr16-87w-80554
Looks good compared to the PS3. Better fuel efficiency as a small bonus and £100 cheaper from tyreleader.
My only reserve is they come in 87W not 83V like the PS3's but I have been on Michelin Alpin A4 87Hs for the whole winter and they have been great.

Thoughts on sidewall soft/hardness? and speed rating?

Thanks for any help!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have them and love them, IMO its a very very good tyre and they are also good in the wet

Prima%20%20Tyres%2001.gif

I have the ones before these the k110s and like them, these are rated better than the k110s i'll probably get them next.

[
Prima%20%20Tyres%2001.gif
[/QUOTE]
How do they compare to Michelin ps3 in sidewall stiffness, I find the new model tyres are getting softer

Last edited:
Well thanks guys for the quick response. just not many reviews on line as they relatively new and tire reviews seem to take about 6 months to get going. I'll get them ordered and let you all know in due course. £55 on tyre leader just now!!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I have these on currently, although I have only been pootling around town so no spirited driving as of yet, looking forward to giving them a good try though.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I have a pair of S1 evos on the Clio and also had a pair on my Octavia and they are good for the money.
I'd definitely give the V12 evo2s or S1 evo 2s a try.
The Uniroyal RS3 tyres are a similar price and a lot of people seem to rate them quite highly.

FF Clio 182
Yeah I use to run a pair on the front before I switched to Nankang NS-2Rs. I rate the V12s highly, good performance in the wet, reasonably priced and didn't wear to much. Had a pair last over 12k miles of abuse

mk1 Octavia VRS
Yeah I use to run a pair on the front before I switched to Nankang NS-2Rs. I rate the V12s highly, good performance in the wet, reasonably priced and didn't wear to much. Had a pair last over 12k miles of abuse
Was that the new V12 Evo 2s though? Don't think they have been available that long.

late 2003 172cup
I had these hankooks, and on the front t they were ok. But on the rear they were leathal. Wobbly feel. Even after I had covered 2000 miles, switched them to rear and still the same. I have now bought ps3's . I will be sticking with what make the car came with.
Few others on here had same issue as me ( yes tyre presure was right, tracking was bang on. Tyres ran in too)
Up to you mate but I bought 4 hankooks for £270? And ended up selling for £150, two were still new and other 2 had only covered 2-3k miles?
8adbaba892ac9253839a124002fc67e2.jpg

I had these hankooks, and on the front t they were ok. But on the rear they were leathal. Wobbly feel. Even after I had covered 2000 miles, switched them to rear and still the same. I have now bought ps3's . I will be sticking with what make the car came with.
Few others on here had same issue as me ( yes tyre presure was right, tracking was bang on. Tyres ran in too)
Up to you mate but I bought 4 hankooks for £270? And ended up selling for £150, two were still new and other 2 had only covered 2-3k miles?

My first set was amazing, my second set felt just like this imo.

clio 182 trophy
I have a pair on the rear atm. Whilst on the front they were ok for the money but not as grippy as the pirelli's or michelin's. You can feel slight understeer compared to the others.

Thanks for the review I will give these a miss, cant stand balloon tyres totally ruins these cars.

late 2003 172cup
On the plus side I paid £83 per tyre for pilot 3's from openeo ? Some German site. Cheap tyres

OK, so after saying I'd get the hankooks I got delayed with the order and have indulged in the PS3's. £81 a corner on tyreleader in 83V. I ran Alpin 4's in the winter and they were great even though they were 87W. I'll update once fitted and driven but sure they will be ecellent and maybe a bit faster than my Alpins. Cheers