ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook v12 Evo 2

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone running this. Have them on the rear but looking to replace the Ventus prime on the front

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I had 2 fitted to the front of my car on Christmas Eve, I had Pilot Sport 3's before that.

Wet grip seems comparable if not a little better, but I'm yet to have play in the dry. I think the side walls are a little soft (or at least softer than the PS3's) as they feel a bit more forgiving on pot holes, speed humps etc, I actually prefer it like that though.

Swift Sport
Infinitely better than T1-R's in my opinion but suffer with the same traits, such as soft sidewalls and not offering enough grip on track. Decent road tyres though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I've resigned to the fact I may do a couple of track days this year but certainly not lots. So something I just can have fun on track with but more concentrated on road use

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Weighed up what I have already and what realistically I'm going to use the car for. Had a phase one on v12's years ago and went to Oulton. Oddly (crap driver) my times aparantly were pretty consistent at 2.13 ish. That's obviously with traffic and stopping off for quick brew ;). Just makes financial sense at the mo as the fronts are a bit low.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I thought they were good in the dry , awful in the wet. Changing Ps3's were like night and day in the wet

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I do, from the off. These babies will be warm by the end of my road.

Yeah know what you mean Ste :)

Swift Sport
Last week there was a similar post on Facebook asking about tyres, and one lad piped up saying that Nankang NS2's were better than Michelin Pilot Sports because he'd driven cars with those two brands of tyre so knew what he was talking about.

The internet is a strange place.

BMW 320d SE
I do, from the off. These babies will be warm by the end of my road.

Yeah know what you mean Ste :smile:
I'd be interested to see how you get on with these and what your first impressions of them are. I've been looking at these as my PE3s are low and they seem like cracking value. I'm just worried that moving away from Michelins might mean losing that direct steering feel that makes the Clio so great.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'd buy them again without question. I don't drive to hard on the road tbh, but so far in this weather they have been fine. Only had them on a week so was going to update a bit later. But first impressions are great. Also pneus online are a very good company to deal with

I ran these on 17's and they were a good tyre, on the road anyway at least. Good dry grip and really predictable but as said above squidgy sidewalls so you can feel them flex when pushing on a bit. Cracking rubber for the money though [emoji106]

Clio 172 cup
Uniroyal rain sport 3 for winter definitely I ain't heard out bad about them handbooks though and I'm in the tyre game me self I do like hankooks though

Clio 172 cup
How do the Hankooks compare to the RS3s though, both in the wet and the dry?
We'll to be fair I ain't really pushed the rs3s In the dry with havin all this rain I no there quite a soft compound rubber there prob ok in the dry

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's all lies - they don't exist. The closest I ever got to any decent Hankook tyre was a single unit at Demon Tweeks. Every time I've come to replace the rubber on the Clio, the world has appeared to buy all the supply the week before.

Currently on Eagle F1's on the front at the minute. Got to say that in the slightly icy/damp conditions that we're currently seeing, they are brilliant.

2007 clio dynamique
Has anyone fitted these to a bigger/heavier car than a Clio ? I had them on our vectra and they seemed to wear very quickly

Swift Sport
I had them on a Type-R and like I said previously they're very similar to a T1-R in the fact that they're a soft tyre, so if you drive hard the sidewalls will give. I tend to sell my cars before I wear the tyres out though, just like @imprezaworks eh? lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't bought enough stuff for the car yet before I put it up for sale lol.

Can't fault the tyres. I have got 205 not 195 which I do prefer. Same in the 15's too. Very much in my head I'm sure.

Swift Sport
I only noticed their limitations on track, which they're not designed for. On the road I rated them much higher than Toyo's.