ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hard on the right foot start to get a knocking sound?

6/468 17poo
Dont usually push the car but had to pull over on motorway and then had to rejoin no one would let me in so i let ripp, noticed a knocking noise from the bay, kinda sounded like a dog bone mount?

noise was like da da da da, simple fix?

Ryan

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Sounds like axle tramp, mine does it if you accelerate in 1st quite normally, then plant it at around 2.5 - 3.5k revs, doesn't sound healthy at all!

Clio Dynamique 1.4 16V
mine does that when the wheels spin, sounds like the front of the car is jumping up and down.

rps13
unfortunatly the only cure is softer springs!

or stiffer dampers if you have aftermarket springs, which i'm guessing you do?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Sounds like exhaust hitting subframe or engine mount?any trouble selecting gears when you floor it?

6/468 17poo
Nope car is completely standard, bar a ktec exhaust, gears are fine, it may just be excessive wheel spin due to the road conditions ill have a look at the weekend cheers for the heads up!

172 Race Car
Just re read your original post, on a separate note, why didnt you use the hard shoulder to build up speed to match the traffic before pulling out?

Do you stop at the end of a slip road and wait for someone to let you in? :S

had to pull over on motorway and then had to rejoin no one would let me in so i let ripp

Ryan

6/468 17poo
lol no, i said motorway meant dual carriageway there isnt a hard shoulder was trying to write quickly when i wrote that!