ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone mapped there 200 yet?

LY 200
Have you looked into this mate? Is that the only performance mod you plan on?

What sort of prices are you getting?

williams and trophy
iv looked into it for a friend, but decided against until there are some more mods done as the map alone would give minimal gains for the outlay. add a couple more goodies to it , filter, de-cat/zorst etc and itd be a worthwhile mod.

G/W 200 and project Vdub
Have you looked into this mate? Is that the only performance mod you plan on?

What sort of prices are you getting?

iv only been thinking about it not really looked in to it that much, just wonderd what sort of bhp you get from them, also thinking about a filter.
dont know where to start looking tbh,

they only thing putting me off is saying bye bye to my warrenty

you thought about doing any thing to yours?

G/W 200 and project Vdub
iv looked into it for a friend, but decided against until there are some more mods done as the map alone would give minimal gains for the outlay. add a couple more goodies to it , filter, de-cat/zorst etc and itd be a worthwhile mod.

what sort of filters do they do for them?

LY 200
iv only been thinking about it not really looked in to it that much, just wonderd what sort of bhp you get from them, also thinking about a filter.
dont know where to start looking tbh,

they only thing putting me off is saying bye bye to my warrenty

you thought about doing any thing to yours?

No mate, not really!

I did think of a full system, IK and then map but the standards on the 197 are supposedly better value than any of the aftermarkets so it would only be a map if i get round to it!

Plus i like the noise as standard. ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Their, and worth for future reference

I'm not being a c**t either :)

LY 200
^Haha, really!?

To be honest mate as said in the past mine doesnt bother me that much as i either dont have the problem or its so minimal that i cant tell its there!

I doubt i'll ever get round/be botherd to sort a map out anyway.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, some 'tuners' will deny it. Think some might have got around it now, but it happened on mine for sure, and if you search over on RS there were a few threads running about it.

clio 200
filter are the same, i had a ITG on my 197, heard that if u fi samco inlet hoses it gives smoother airflow and better gains than the ITG induction kit

looked into having my 197 mapped, mostly to sort the jumpy thing when it was cold, luckily the 200 doesnt have this problem, just everything else goes wrong lol

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Aye fair shout actually...!

Even then though, its gotta be pretty minamalistic gains id have thought?

Well I've driven a few 172-82's with different re-maps, none felt that much quicker then mine if any quicker! TBH ( mine's standard)

It's handy to hold a gear a bit longer with a raised rev limit mind.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Save your money, enjoy the car for what it is and wait till you can buy something thats either more tuneable or just fast to begin with!!

Its not me that was asking matey.. :eek:

Personally ive always went with if i want power id just buy a faster car in the first place....!

Iceberg 172
Exactly... Yes the map will proably give a smoother delivery and raise the rev limiter but for the money it's really not worth it unless it's with other mods.

I've had 3 VAG 20VT engined cars, now that's an engine which loves a remap!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just take it to a trackday & cane it to within an inch of it's life.
FFS remap, thought renault had done the job over the 197, now your toying with playing with it!

GTD, Lupo
If i was you i would just leave it. The car is already fast enough for every day road use and mods/maps are always hit or miss. Just enjoy it as it is then when something blows up you dont have to worry about the warrenty.

Gorms

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I was looking into this l, only people I found were k tech, they said it will only give it about 4/5 bhp but will snooth out the torque curve and power delivery

Mk2 172
Its not me that was asking matey.. :eek:

Personally ive always went with if i want power id just buy a faster car in the first place....!

No i know :) sorry dude. just put it as u mentioned bout mappin N/A car.
Yep i agree with that tho. Like u sed, Buy a fast car to start with.
Unless u have thousands to throw at modding a car properly