ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone removed top of dash on a mk2

Elise/VX220/R26

As I mentioned in my other post Im told that to fit an autoleads adapter (pioneer) to my mk2 it involves taking the to pof the dash off to get to the back of the display because thats where the lead plugs into?? I cant see it myself but has anyone else had to do this??

As RT-ED said, there is a great guide in the DIY guide. One thing is (As I foillowed this) the the 3 screws under the steerng column I found that after I removed them that they didnt really need removing after all.

One tip, when you have taken all the screws off the dash, be careful the way you pull it off. I had mine caught on the metal case around the passengers airbag and was a nightmare to get off.

Oh, and I disabled the passenger airbag before I did this with the key in the passenger door, didnt want it going off in my face.