ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 Y reg
Hello there, owner of a 2001 Y reg Clio mk2 phase 1 grande with the 1499cc petrol. been a great car for months but had an underlying issue with the immobiliser i been ignoring for months until the other day i was stuck after work for over an hour as the immobiliser would not disable. Has had a few issues with the immobiliser taking 2-5 mins to disable no matter what i did button wise, probably happened a handful of times over and then stopped again and started normally for 3 weeks or so, before the same thing happening again and so on. The immobiliser would always be flashing at a fast rate when this was happening until the other day when i was stuck for an hour, when it turned solid red.

The key has worked on the button for central unlocking forever, was still working as it was stuck. The immobiliser was fast flashing for the first 15 minutes of trying to unlock it, before eventually it turned solid red after turning it off and on one time, the car would still crank on both lights, just not start. tried disconnecting the battery but no luck, managed to get it started by pure coincidence of the immobiliser disabling once.

Since then i’ve bought a remote bypass that plugs into the obd port that i was recommended by an experienced mechanic from remote key, no luck. Have been speaking with them today and trying what they recommend as i was sent phase 2 instructions originally, but still again unfortunately no luck. the code in the key i’ve given them matches with what’s there so but entirely sure what’s going on there but will keep updated.

Just wandering if anyone else has any advice or tips? as i’m really not sure what to do or where to go from here if i can’t get this to work , any help would be appreciated as insurance has me tied down to it lol