ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has my head gasket gone?

clio sport 1.4 mk2
I started my car up this morning to go to work and it ticked over really rough and also had lots of white smoke pouring out the exhaust. By the time I had driven to the train station it had stopped smoking and was running fine. On the way home it did the same again but there was more smoke this time. The coolnt has gone down a bit. its a 2000 w reg 1.4 8V clio. hoping its not the gasket but im pritty sure it is. anyone got any advice?

clio sport 1.4 mk2
there wasnt any the other day when i checked under the oil cap or on the dip stick. there was a tiny bit of milkky stuff in the breather tube when i cleaned my air filter the other day. it was like it didnt want to idle propely this morning.

clio sport 1.4 mk2
Was fine when i used it this morning, no smoke and ran fine. Will give it a good run when i get a chance.