ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has the N96 been released?

6/468 17poo
Just had a play on it in phones4u the shop worker was a cocky t**t, phone was on vodafone, turned it on took aaaaages to load up and when it loaded got to main screen and the buttons didnt work like a 10 second delay, its exactly the same as n95, and feels really big, just the ergonomics of it i suppose.

thats just my quick view, i think the guy in the shop put me off, then i mentioned iphone and he said there s**t, bearing in mind it was in phones4u lol

Ryan

Yeah we had some phones delivered at work for some of the staff, an N96 was in there from Vodaphone. Shocking standby screen as standard, im sure if it the operator crap was removed it would be a decent phone. Although nothing majorly better than the N95.

Nokia on a bit of slump at the moment, doubt ill be having another N series when my contract is up

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
getting mine tomorrow £30 for the phone on £35 a month

what network is that with? O2 werent even going to bother with it as they had spent their years budget stocking up on the iphone but luckily they have had a change of heart...im guna wait a month or two and see what sort of reviews it gets!!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yeah o2 its an upgrade.

they started with £45 a month on 18months, i said piss off i only want 12 months.

they said 12month at £35 and the phone was £170 so again piss off.

we settled on £30 for the phone at £35 a month for 18 months and unlimited internet for free.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
yeah o2 its an upgrade.

they started with £45 a month on 18months, i said piss off i only want 12 months.

they said 12month at £35 and the phone was £170 so again piss off.

we settled on £30 for the phone at £35 a month for 18 months and unlimited internet for free.

glad you stood strong on the 12 month contract u wanted lol:rasp: ........i only wanted a 12 month contract but id be happy with a similar deal......

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the 12 month is just a trick to get a good deal.

the upgrade people couldnt help me so put me onto the loyilty people

6/468 17poo
They have mate, its on the net as an upgrade or new contract ;)

The phone is front heavy with that screen looks kinda odd, you got a cracking deal for £30 for the phone!!!!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
the 12 month is just a trick to get a good deal.

the upgrade people couldnt help me so put me onto the loyilty people

post a mini review if u could mate.............if its a decent upgrade over my n95 il prob get one

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Had mine a week today, one of the best nokia's I've owned battery lasts over 2 days.

clear screen and easy to use.

Only down side is ringer volume is very low and hard to hear sometimes, more faults to follow soon.

But software took ages to load into computer and needed to get sp2 from microsoft.

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
Just headinghome from a T-Mobile press event. Had a play with the N96, which was ok, but not sure I'd want to swap my iPhone for one. Also tried out the Samsung Pixon, which was better than the Omnia, but not much.

The point is that I'm on a train writing this post on my iPhone and I'd have a tough time doing that with either of the phones above.

However, the real reason I was there tonight was to get my paws on the G1 Google Android phone, and that was a different kettle of fish altogether. The hardware was far better than I had expected, but it's the user interface that's the real star. With Android, phone manufacturers could seriously give the iPhone a run for its money. The G1 is the first handset to use Android, but next year should see many more.

Mk2 172
Brother had them in at the tmobile store. I had a look at it but it seems cheaply made and does nothing more than the n95. Looks pants imo.