ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hate speedbumps?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
f**k having a car like that, weekend car maybe but even then, it would piss you off after a while with the state of the roads here.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Are they actually judging a best stance competition based on how much a car scrapes over that ramp?
Who ever has the most damage wins. :S

An orange one
Man I hate "stanced" cars like that,

Let's make our rear axles look fucked with stupid looking rear wheels sitting at 45 degrees, waste of perfectly good cars :(

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
is this not what most of cliosport are aiming for with their lowz?, though i dont see the attraction of watching 40 cars drive up and down a ramp seeing if the scrape.

An orange one
totally stupid imho,

why anyone (let alone a whole "scene" would find that appealing or good looking, is beyond me! :S

I really dont get that modifying 'scene'. They all look ridiculous to me, they must drive like s**t too.

It just seems to be about 100% show, 0% go. Which to me is daft!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Ahhh, reminded me of the sounds I heard when I was driving my Clio. Not nice.

S23

The Cleee-O
Some nice cars there! Got a video of mine coming off my mates drive when it was a bit higher, nowhere near as good as any of them though :boring:. Aha.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't get it. Some nice motors though (350Z excluded, that looks crap).

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at that. Some good giggles. Considering I could just dump the air out my bags and do this to be a cool kid! I know Zi's static and its lower than some of them, just doesnt have the big front lip to look as low. Same with a few friends cars actually!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What, you mean, people have preferences other than what CS want? Gaz, you do realise what you're saying, right?

An orange one
Id like to put anyone of those "stance" losers in a bog standard 172 cup and take them down a good b road...

Pretty sure they would see what they are missing out on TBH!

An orange one
I'm all for a low car though...but when you have to have the rear wheels looking broken, it doesn't even look good?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The idea is seeing who has the best technique to get over without damage/scraping.

not going so low in the first place lol!

is that honestly a competition to see who can drive down a ramp without damaging their cars?

i really felt for those s2000s though :(

oh, i can see 'stance' being the new bodykit/max power thing. everyone will look back on it in a few years and wonder why... and laugh at the people still doing it

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
IMHO, It's far better than the usual tack prep'd car we see on here, which never sees a track, gets driven as a daily then sold/broke for parts as the owner can't deal with the harsh ride and noise.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
lol^^

some stanced cars do look great... but driving around that low is ridiculous. i agree with you on the 'track ****, no wait' cars but they can still be driven properly.

you hear of foxes and cats being hit and splitters/bumpers breaking but those cars could hit a pebble/snail and have their splitter snapped off

Clio 172 Cup
what a load of crap! i hate camber like that! since when were old '80s Honda civic saloon cool? lol. Some nice S2000s tho!

Iceberg 172
Both my Golfs were that low, I don't know if its becasue i've grown up a bit, but recently I get super embarased when I scrape over, or get stuck on a speedbump in my MK2.