ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

havin probs with starting

clio 182

having trouble starting my 172 when the engine is warm can anyone shed any light on this as renault are trying to fob me off theyve had my car for 4 days and they are trying to tell me theres nothing wrong with it im gutted it lets me down every time the engine is warm can anyone help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassse

clio 182

cant anyone help me please ive now got the car back from the dealer had it back 2 days and its broken down both days im really frustrated please please help renault have been useless to me and dont want to know

Ive had major problems starting my 172.

But not just when hot ... turns out its the TDC sensor on the crankcase (between the oil filter and dipstick). Engine management system doesnt understand which configuration the pistons are in, hence refuses to start.

Everytime I get in the car I have to pop the bonnet, wiggle the connector & wires on the sensor before trying the ignition ... sometimes it works - sometimes not.

Car going into Renault on Friday for replacement sensor & cable loom. Ive got an interesting couple of days driving to do till then!!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine doesnt always want to start first time when its warm. I never have any problems when its hot, or cold just when its warm after a short run. It always starts second time I try though.

i had problems with mine although it isnt a 172 the took it into renault, they replaced one of the engine sensors and reset the on board computer