ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hazard light not working

none :(
when i press my hazard light switch its not working.

is this the fuse or a bigger problem also how do i go about finding this out, do i have to take the dash off

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you don't need to remove the dash top, remove the headunit and pull the panel out (it just pulls away from the dash), you can then easily access the back of the buttons with all the wiring.

2002 Clio Sport 172
Does it work if you wiggle it about? Mine was a bit tempremental, gave it a quick spray with wd40 and its been fine since.

none :(
i took the stereo out the weekend - you can push the switch in but its just not clicking to activate the hazard lights do i need a new switch or something else

BMW M4; S1000 RR
nobblebonce said:
i took the stereo out the weekend - you can push the switch in but its just not clicking to activate the hazard lights do i need a new switch or something else

Rip the facia off that has the switch on it. Much easier to see what the problem is then.

Simple rule for working with Clios. Pull hard enough it shall move.

2002 Clio Sport 172
cliokhunt said:
Is it a Mk2 ??

The plate with the rear windscreen heater, hazards and locks pops off if you get a knife behind there.

Is that really true? so no need to remove the stereo? If it breaks can I blame you?! ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Minx172 said:
Is that really true? so no need to remove the stereo? If it breaks can I blame you?! ;)

Well I wanted to steal the rear window heater button to use for my laser jammer.. But I realised the light on the dash will be connected to something else, so I didn't bother in the end.

But yes, a kitchen knife, meat cleaver, machete.. Whatever, just hack it off ;) It will also work with a screwdriver if you're boring:dead:

2002 Clio Sport 172
they all sound a little harsh, but lets hope i still have fingers to tell you on my return then huh, will go give it a go. cheers :D

'52 clio 1.2 16V
i've got exactly the same problem. will the light on the hazard button still work even if the button itself doesnt?

2002 Clio Sport 172
My button still comes out, but I do sometimes need to wiggle the button to get them to flash, sometimes its fine tho. Just hit and miss as the moment. The light on the button flashes when hazards come on as far as I'm aware. Beware though, if the button stays out and your hazard's don't flash (and your not aware it's on) as i wasnt the other night, it does drain your battery totally! I need to sort mine for its mot next month.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
my hazard lights dont work full stop. can press the button any and everyway but the hazards never come on. the actual light on the button is on fine. think i needs a new button

Clio
I had that problem- some times it worked sometimes it didnt. It turnt out the switch was bust, just pop pou the plate with the hazard, lock and rear window heater and it should just come out. I got mine from main dealer for about a tenner, but problem pick them up at a breakers :D

Clio 182
Yeh I had a look at the fuses. The funny thing is it worked once on the old switch wen u pressed around it. So I thought it was the switch was faulty, but now doesnt work at all. Where is the relay located?

Da

Less
under the dash in the passenger side footwell. Lay down and look up behind the glove box they're up there. Not sure which is for the hazards tho.

Da

Less
Just check it hasn't vibrated loose first. But to test it I would say listen for it clicking as you press and relaese the hazard button. There are other ways to test it but that would depend on your auto-electrical knowledge ;)

Clio 182
Ah right ill have a look. Well unfortunately im only in my 3rd month of the apprenticeship so knowledge isnt too great but if theres any tools required or help im sure i can get hold of it from the workshop :D