ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Lights Swithing On and Off Randomly (Even With Switch Removed)

'03 172 Iceberg S
Hi guys,

Noticed that my hazard lights had come on whilst on the dual carriageway today. Couldn't get them to switch off despite hammering the button on the dash in and out. Then I noticed that they would switch off again for a few seconds or minutes and then come back on again, all totally random.

So anyway I searched the forums and the general consensus seemed to be that the switch was probably at fault so I ordered a new one and figured that just removing the existing switch would be enough to resolve the issue temporarily. ALAS NO even with the switch disconnected and the wires hanging out the dash on my way home I had exactly the same problem, on/off/on/off, very annoying.

Anyway, for now I've just removed the indicator bulb fuse and will have to fore-go any indication. Any ideas what might be at fault or how I might diagnose?

Thanks in advance.

'03 172 Iceberg S
Still not got to the bottom of this. Any chance it could be the hazard flasher unit as opposed to the UCH?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I had a similar problem, like mine would come on when I turned the ignition on. WOuldnt turn off by the button but then did when the key was taken out. Happened when I was pulling up at the security gates at work and the guards all took a step back going "whuuuuut" thinking I was up to no good!