ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Warning Light Switch

Clio Sport 172
Can some one tell me if the switch pops out after you press it, or does it just make momentary contact when it's pushed in?
My hazards have stopped working and I think it's the switch.

Clio 172 Mk2 PH2
Yes, this is probably the switch, the one on my car sticks on when you finally manage to ‘pop’ the button out and you have to give it a fair whack to get it to pop in again…

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It is NOT a momentary contact switch.

It has two positions. The OFF position is in. When you push it it goes in a bit further then comes all the way back out to the ON position. When you press it again it goes all the way in, then comes out a little way to the OFF position.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Mangate; definitely sounds like a broken switch to me. I had mine go on my Clio nearly a year ago. Cost me £36 to get Renault to put a new one in, but after having my stereo put in I now know I could have done it easily myself.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
mine turns on easliy enough, but i have trouble turning it off.

to turn it off i have to push the right side of the button to the left with my finger nail until i hear a slight click.
then i can press it in and it will turn off.

Clio Sport 172
Thanks for the feedback. Took the switch out and gave it a bit of a beating and I can get it to work now. No doubt they will want the equivalent of £50 here in Mexico, since they wanted £100 for just one of the pair of horns. How can they justify the price for a 5 bob switch that, it seems, doesn't even work in alot of cases? I've never even used the hazards, except to check that they work.