ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hazards flash if window switch held up

MK2 PH2 172 cup
if my mate hols the window switch up on his cup as to close the driver side window when the window reaches the top ( closed ) all 4 of his indicators flash as if he has his hazards on :eek:
any ideas

Clio RS 197
Just done a search on the forum before creating a new thread, and found this!
I have EXACTLY this problem - everything works fine independently, hazards, indicators, window switches, windows etc.

However if I hold the drivers side window switch UP, once the window reaches the top of the frame, all 4 indicators flash (can hear the relay clicking as if the hazard lights are on) until the switch is released...

Anybody got any ideas?

182 BG
Wow thats funky!

Ages ago (and I mean ages) a few people fitted custom made global close kits to their car.. Wonder if this is a side effect?

Just looked on the forum and previously its been found to be a UCH fault when its gotten wet? Checked that?

Clio RS 197
Hmm... Not sure what or where that is! The car has always done it, since I bought it. It's currently garaged so not got wet recently. Where abouts is this UCH thing? Sounds expensive looking at some of the other threads...

182 BG
UCH is the body control unit... Its the black box above the passengers left foot.. And you don't want to even think about the cost of replacing! :/ Unlikely needs that though

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's a UCH fault for sure. ^^

UCH is the body control unit... Its the black box above the passengers left foot.. And you don't want to even think about the cost of replacing! :/ Unlikely needs that though
I got mine repaired, cost me £45 all in.

(£25 for a used UCH, £20 for an auto electrician to swap the damaged part over with some epic soldering skills)

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I've had two clios now and both of them have done this also, weird french electrics

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I just stumbled upon this tonight after fixing a window clip and testing it out, seems like a strange quirk.

Clio
When my old clio got very damp it used to lock the doors after a few minutes and put the hazards on, prob UCH damp - thankfully I never left the keys inside !