ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD space almost empty on MBP... Think I have a problem.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Hi there!

ScreenShot2012-03-20at153247.png

Surely I can't have 74GB of ''other'' on my HD? I can understand the rest as I have a lot of photos and videos in iPhoto, plus my Mrs uses the laptop as well with another account so we have double amount of music and pictures...

I do have the most recent copy of Office on my MBP too but nothing else installed that would take up that amount of memory. I have upgraded OSX and have down a reformat of the MBP last year so am thinking it has just reinstalled the OSX several times but not got rid of the old versions if you get me?

Are there any apps I can get that can check this out for me or is there n easy way for me to do it?

http://macpaw.com/cleanmymac Tom recommended this to me a while ago but would this do what I think the problem is? Or can someone tell me how to check without f**king things up?

My Dad was having the same problem on his MBA recently. Turned it to be Outlook using 15GB for storage and just general work stuff. The software I used to find out exactly what the biggest folders were was Disk Inventory X (http://www.derlien.com/). Basically it scans your drive and shows you in size order which folders have the most data in.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have 31gb in mobile sync under applications... whatever that is!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
done a google and it appears it is back ups for the iPhone.

this would make sense as the mrs has an iPhone and an iPad and i have an iPhone. So all three devices backing up would clog it up quite quickly.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ScreenShot2012-03-20at163608.png

Freed up over 30gb, will no doubt get some more when i sort out the Mrs account.