ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket Possibly?

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi Guys,

Just went to check my oil and noticed a milky substance on the oil cap and round the rim. Now i noticed this a few weeks ago and gave it a clean away after doing a search on here saying it could be down to short trips but its back again.

Could this be down to short trips i do to work, or is it most likely my head gasket?

Also how much am i looking at foir a 1.2 16v if it is the head gasket?

Thanks for any help guys,

Luke

Slooooow Ass 1.2
So nothing at all to worry about then?

Sorry about the dumb ass question but what could cause the head gasket to go?

And what are other signs then?

None
Mine went when all the water went out my radiator and the pressure blew it apparently(Thats what the mechanic told me)

Signs on mine where smell of burning oil, lower fuel economy

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Thanks foir the advice lads, i'll keep an eye on the radiator water/coolant level and just keep it clean as poss on the oil cap.

Anyone else had any other signs when blown head gasket?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Look for emusified oil in the sump oil or do a pressure leakdown check on the head to check a gasket. Also you can get water in the cylinders so the plugs should let you know the health of the engines