ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp Adjustment (How to?)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Still loving my 2002 172, but night driving is, well, driving me nuts. On dipped beam the light pattern only projects out about 10 metres in front of the car .... when on full beam the road isn't illuminated as far in to the distance as I'd expect (indeed, the lights still appear to point down the way).

In the manual that came with the car there's mention of a headlamp adjuster (like our Honda and Mazda have), but where it's supposed to be located, I only have a dashboard brightness adjuster. This leads me to believe the headlamps are self adjusting........

Is this correct? Can I do anything about this little problem?

Si

(I did try searching, but I couldn't find anything relevant)

Shoulda tried searching under 'adjust' and 'xenon' ;) Try at the bottom of page one on this thread for pics.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96162&page=1&highlight=adjust+xenon

There is a small white plastic adjuster that you can turn using an allen key. On one of my lights the adjuster poles had popped out of their sockets, causing the lights to be misaligned and attempts to adjust in this manner were futile. Hopefully yours will just be an easy fix with an allen key.

:( Thanks for the pointer, but turning the adjuster did nothing. I'm taking the car back to the dealer on Friday to see if they can help with that, and with the trip computer that keeps reseting (MPG, av MPH, etc) if the car is left for more than six (or so) hours.

Cheers,
Si

If turning the adjuster didn't work, then it's probably just a case of re-attaching the pole. If it's not under warranty, don't let them charge you too much as it's something you can do yourself in less than an hour. My local dealer wanted me to agree to 2 hours labour minimum (£150) just to have a look at one light when it wouldn't adjust! Refitted my xenons tonight in the dark after fixing them myself in about 45 mins :)

The car came with a one month warranty and I only got it last week.... but whether or not the headlamp adjuster is covered is anyone's guess.

Do you have instructions, or an outline step by step guide on how to "re-attach the pole"? Will probably only need this if the dealer can't help out.

Cheers :D
Si