ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp Washer jets

Renault Clio 182
Hi , I dont think my washer jets are working what is the remedy for this and how easy is it to fix or is it not worth doing because it may be expensive ? And the passenger side leaks also. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Depends whether it's the actual washer, pumps or something to do with the pipes.

Clio 172
If you've got hid headlamps you'll need the washers for mot as well as the adjuster on the rear beam. Best thing to do is first listen for the pump. Headlamps on and within the first cycle pull the washers. You should hear the pump. If you can't hear it, check the fuse, all OK, then remove the jets from the bumper or the pipe directly to the pump in the scuttle and pull again see if waters coming out the pipe to make sure it's not a blocked jet and last but not least check you have 12v down to the pump....if you do then you need a new pump. From experience it tends to be a blocked filter in the tank, knackered pump and most common the balls falling out the end of the jets from blocking causing excess pressure

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a detailed guide on this?

It can be confusing as the washer bottle has 2 motors doesnt it? One for wipers / rear wiper and one for the headlight washers?

Mine havnt worked for about 6 years now but i would like to have them working as they should.

And im i correct in thinking the front bumper needs to come off to fix them?