ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp washer replacment

Does anyone know a way of replacing these without removing the bumper. Otherwise how do you remove the bumper to get at them.

Ive had a washer ball go missing but Renault have fixed the problem and you cant get the ball out of the new part.

Thanks in advance

Mk2 172 (Silver)

mine was really hard to get out too. in the end my dad used some pliers and levered it out, which worked fine although it did open the water hole some more, but it moulds back ok once in place in the original stalk in the bumper.

if you really struggle and it still wont budge then as far as i know it is a bumper off job. renault wanted to charge me near on £70 for it as they apparently no longer cover these under warranty.

Ford Fiesta

lol, so the whole black stalk is filled with water when it is in place? mine has a small crack on the stalk that water comes out of when i squirt it but only then not when it is not squirted.

Mk2 172 (Silver)

lol thats one way!! locky i superglued the replacement ball into the stalk in the bumper, just to make sure it doesnt come out again, and so far it hasnt!!

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 03 August 2004

Im getting my 2nd one replaced under warrenty this week. - All good fun
:eek: did you have to argue that at all?? i was told to take my car in to them to check if it would be covered by warranty (i bought and service the car with them :confused:) but when i argued the price, the guy just said ill order you the part!!

i was told it was a grey area...something they had been replacing under warranty but now cant. hence they wanted about £70 to take the bumper off and pop a new one in!!

Yeah I put a dab of superglue on each one. The only problem I had then was that I had like 0.5 seconds to adjust them lol... they glued real quick!

I was washing my....ughh hmmmm..... 2 and 1/2 month old 182 at the weekend and noticed that BOTH yes BOTH washer jet nozzles have two splits each......not sure whether its worth getting them replaced as I can see it happenning all over again in the not too distance future!

Apart from that everything is great......oooo yeah apart from the blinking stone chips...argggh!

Oh and Liam its not the whole stalk as such that is filled with water... only the tube with the thread on it down the center... is the crack large? can you fill it with a small amount of superglue for now? dont go mad though it might make the plastic go white.

You know what it sounds like to me ....now that Renault have obviously made the balls a a tighter fit, the stalks are splitting.... typical isnt it ...

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by pootle172 on 03 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 03 August 2004

Im getting my 2nd one replaced under warrenty this week. - All good fun
:eek: did you have to argue that at all?? i was told to take my car in to them to check if it would be covered by warranty (i bought and service the car with them :confused:) but when i argued the price, the guy just said ill order you the part!!

i was told it was a grey area...something they had been replacing under warranty but now cant. hence they wanted about £70 to take the bumper off and pop a new one in!!
No arguement at all. Just said I take its covered by warrenty,as the last 1 was. Car is just turned 1yr old. They just said yes no problem well give you a call when its in. Think the balls go for approx £5 IIRC.