ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlamp washers not working

BG Clio 182
Here are the symtoms: lights on, regular jets work fine (front and rear) headlamp washers get nothing, no leaks, anything. I can hear the secondary pump noise after the main one. I have not pulled off the bumper yet, I am thinking there might have been blanks on there before the the previous owner blocked the pipe? (or blocked the pipe to prevent them leaking) What do you guys think?

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
If both the pumps are working and there is no leaks must be a blocked pipe looks like its bumper off :(

BG Clio 182
Pulled the bumper, disconnected the hoses, no washer fluid in either hose. Took the opportunity to replace one of the brittle hoses and attach the lower undertray properly to the bumper, also found out why my AC does not work, There is literally a hole in one of the pipes coming off the condenser where something had rubbed it! Guess I will be purchasing a new condenser soon.
So anyway all signs are pointing to a clogged pump. I really do not want to remove the wiper assembly to get to it.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
It's not so much of a job if you have a wiper puller, I gave up trying without one and just bought one takes 10 mins to take apart and put together, just makes sure to locate the motor back on its mounting pin or it will knock and squeak,
My clutch cable had slightly damage my ac pipe because the last owner never screwed the support onto the radiator lucky I spotted it in time its currently cable tied same with nthe battery no idea why people leave out nuts and screws they are there for a reason

BG Clio 182
I was able to pull off the passenger side wiper without much effort today, so hopefully once my new pump comes in the drivers side pulls off as easily! I'm just going to order a new AC condenser (looks pretty beat up) and probably used pipes next month, replace it all so I know its good at that point.