ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight switch with a mind of its own

1.6 Ford Focus
I put some halogen "xenon effect" sidelights and main beam bulbs in my Clio a few days ago and recently things have started going wrong which I can only assume are to do with the bulbs...

The first time it went wrong was when I indicated left and my full beams came on... now it has gotten quite a bit worse... At random times I will turn my headlights on and the full beams come on, so I turn off the full beams and the entire headlights turn off. When I got someone to help check them last night I turned on my normal headlights and the dash gauges said the full beam was on which I did not turn on... I got out to check and the driver side headlight was fine and just had normal beam on, but the passenger side had the full beam on...

It doesn't do it all the time, it just does it at random times.

I checked all the wiring and it all seams to be ok, there's no trapped wires or anything and all the fuses appear to be ok. What else could be the problem? The bulbs I put in there are exactly the same power as what I took out, only a different colour... what else could it be?