ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer

Black 172
Ive just bought ordered a new headlight washer for my 172.

Im just wondering how i get the washer off to replace it? any help will be appreciated

Cheers :)

Clio 182 Cup FF
Im not sure if im 100% correct but i had a crash recently so headlight etc came out and it looks like there is a bolt round the back of the headlight washer that you have to undo to get it out... cant say for sure as my snapped off in the crash but thats what it looked like as i was looking to fit a new one

RB FF 182
Apparently you can just about reach it without removing bumper but its a million times easier if you do!!! Cant remove headlights without taking bumper off either. Although you wont need to remove them to change the washer. There's a guide on here somewhere showing how to remove bumper, from there changing the washer should be easy.

Da

Less
There is a 14mm retaining nut on the rear that needs removing. Other than that it's just the hose to pull off.

It can be done with the bumper on no problem, should take 15 mins or so.

D

Dj Annihilation

sorry for bringing this old post up....i got same problem and if i can change it without taking the bumper off i would much prefer!!!.....how do i get to the bolt without taking the bumper off? Does the car need jacking up etc????

Black Gold Trophy
They are secured with a 22mm nut.
Remove the wheel on the side you need to replace, then remove the wheel arch liner, if it's the nearside you will need to remove the horn, if it's the offside you will need to remove the carbon canister.
You will then need to remove the pipe from the back of the jet, it just pulls off. Then carefully use a 22mm socket with a long extension to remove the securing nut, carefully remove the chamfered washer from behind the nut, then the washer jet just pulls out.