ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Washers

Clio Sport 182
Im not 100% sure that im not being blond, BUT

Im sure my headlight washers dont work. Am i right in thinking they should spray when im cleaning the windscreen and the headlights are on?

Are they a common thing to go wrong?

And any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Cheers!

997.1, Caddy, e208
Mine havent worked since I bought the car last year, passed its MOT though ;)

Mine are blocked from the pump to the bumper somewhere, I removed the bumper and the water doesnt even reach the jets.

If it failed, Id of got the garage to sort it, I dont care but Id like em to work!

172 Cup
Take it you have xenon lights? The front washers have a ball in them that occasionally fall out. I glued mine in so there permanent now. If theres no washer fluid at all coming out then sounds like a blockage. Use Hot water and try stirring it up a bit.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Take it you have xenon lights? The front washers have a ball in them that occasionally fall out. I glued mine in so there permanent now. If theres no washer fluid at all coming out then sounds like a blockage. Use Hot water and try stirring it up a bit.

Is that easy to do m8? My driver's side headlamp washer is pissing fluid out for the 2nd time now. If its an easy fix, I'll do it myself than send it back to Reno (again).

D.

172 Cup
Well yeah, as i lost the ball so i ordered a new one from renault. They provided the whole fitting so i cut the ball out, mixed up some expoy resin (sticks like sh!t to a blanket) and glued it in place, mind you dont fill the washer hole up with glue, never had a problem since. The balls work there way out in winter months as the water in them freezes and pushes them out.

Titanium 182
my drivers side headlight washer jet is leaking alot since the weather got cold, iv bought a replacement from renault had a look at fitting it today removing the wheel arch but i defos need to remove the bumper to replace the whole thing.

nothing apears to have have fallen out of mine but would it be easier to just replace the ball bit if thats what causes the leak as i dont think its worth removing the bumper!

thanks for any help as its annoying when it keeps leaking!