ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights again

Clio 172 Mk2 Ph1
Hey everyone.

I'm after a bit of help with the headlights on our car - it's a Clio 172 MkII Ph1 with those projector lights and electric levellers.
When we got the car 3 years ago the lights were not bright and over the next year the front cover started turning yellow.
I tried changing the units for some cleaner second hand ones and putting 100w bulbs in there but it was only slightly better, then they turned yellow as well. TBH I think the lights are just not very good even when they have been replaced / sanded / polished etc.
Now it's winter and getting dark early, and it worries me when my girlfriend is driving back from work in the dark.
This time I want to change them again but not for 172 lights.

Has anyone managed to fit standard glass lights or any other after market units that worked well?

I'm guessing the wiring & bulbs might be different but I would be OK doing some slight mods to the wiring if needed.
But preferably I would like to find some units that just fit right in.