ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights full - procedure?

Can someone remind me if this is a lacquer issue and therefore will need spraying again? Or is it surface of the plastic and therefore I can get away with applying a ceramic sealant after wet dry/polishing?

Golf mk7 if it makes any difference.

IMG_5606.jpeg

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are the headlights glass or plastic? how does it feel when you run your fingers over them?
Looking at the pictures on the big screen it almost looks like they've been polished with a rough wool pad but not then smoothed over. So I would wet sand them with a fine block (3000) then re-coat/re-lacquer them. A couple of coats of spray on lacquer should last a while, but some UV resistant ceramic sealant over the top never hurts.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've never been able to successfully rectify my headlights but I've seen a coat fresh of lacquer work wonders on other people's.