ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights Turning Off Randomly - HELP!

I was out last night heading out of town going down some back roads with no street lights.

All of a sudden my auto lights decided it was daytime and turned themself off.

Lucky I knew the road I was on and managed to turn the lights back on manually but what I want to know is, is this a common problem or is there a known fix to resolve this from happening again?

Cheers

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Re: Automatic Headlights

Never had any problems with mine. I have the auto lights on, but still turn them on manually when i get in the car so i can flash people :D

Done it again tonight, only when I turned them on manually they never turned on either. Then about 20 seconds later, I could hear the fuse box kicking in and the lights came back on.

Fuse problem? I will replace the fuse tomorrow and see if that helps.

Anyone else had this problem?

Da

Less

Sounds like a relay issue as this is the common denominator to manual and auto lights. Check none have vibrated loose.

Cheers Da, I assume you can't tell my looking at them if they are nackered? Just need to replace it and see if the problem occurs again?

Ok, so the problem has now spread to my wipers aswell.

They only work when they want to work :mad:

Is this still a relay problem or could it be the uch or whatever its called?

Da

Less

Could be UCH, but that's the expensive option.

What about a faulty sensor, the auto lights and wipers are both part of the same unit on the windscreen.

Megane 225 F1

Ive flicked from full beam to main beem before and switched to side lights. Fecking sketchy

I don't think its the sensor. I turned the auto lights off the other day, and started the car last night, switched the lights on manually, they came on, 5 seconds later I heard the relay click again and the lights turned off, roughly 5 seconds later it clicked back again and they came back on.

The wipers I turned on and nothing happened. About a minute or so later, I heard the relay click again and the wipers switched on.

Done it again tonight while heading down a dark country lane. Almost hit a tree because of it.

Anyone got any information at all about this as its starting to get quite dangerous

Da

Less
Does it happen in manual mode?

If not then to be honest I'd start switching them on manually until I could sort out the issue.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
More likely a faulty light sensor. Re-pack it. 30 min job.

Go from there. If it's a UCH issue, it'll be a lot more wonga. :(