ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights Washers Not Working

Hello Guys,
Took the bumper off yesterday to check if the washers were clogged, but no water was coming from the two tubes that connect to the tubes that go to the washers. With this info in mind what problem do you guys think it could be? Headlight washer pump maybe? How can I check it? Is there a guide to dismantle it?

Thanks in advance!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Headlight washers only work if lights are on when the washer is selected.
There is a guide...its available to members. :)

I have done some reaserch and have found a common problem with this motors. The problem is that a cylindrical rubber thingy increases in size and does not let a cylinder move freely. Has anyone fix this by trimming down this rubber thingy? or has anyone been able my headlight washer problem at all?

Many thanks!

Clio 182
Yeah I had a similar problem but it was my windscreen washer pump that failed... yeah thqts the guide and yeah people have trimmed it down, however, you have to be careful doing it and from what others have said its less hassle to get a new one.. but before you buy the pump, check which pump it is... one of them goes straight into the washer resivour while the other one is at a 90 degree angle depending on what car you have :)

Beaten up 182
New pump is only around a tenner. For that I'd rather fit a new one knowing it'll last than having to do the same job in a year's time.